Reality

Markus POV
My father leads us into the living room and we all sit. Us on the couch and my father on the one seater. "So" he starts off "how does it feel"
I look at him with confusion until I realize he's talking about meeting our last mate.
"It's absolutely wonderful, I almost can't hold in all my joy that wants to explode everywhere" Arlo says excitedly. I chuckle lowly at his antic but can't help agreeing with his words.

My dads eyes glisten with laughter and I couldn't help the smile on my face. "And his parents? Have yall talked to them about the mating or anything of the sort" I glance away innocently. He hardens his stare "Markus" I hear my wolf growl lowly at his tone but I shush him knowing my father means no harm.

"Well we haven't gotten to it yet but tomorrow we will definitely get onto that, we just wanted you to meet him first that's all" Arlo says defensively. My dad sighs but I can see he's glad that he got to hear about our mate first. I felt a burst of warmness coming from arlo, he always exploded with joy when he felt the love of my parents.

Arlos parents weren't the kindest so at around 12 when his parents were found beating him, my parents banished them from the pack and took him in. Of course they left with quite a few wounds but we didn't kill them but I sure wish we did sometimes. Anyway we became good friends and when we turned seventeen and felt the signs of being mates we became more. We loved each other but for some reason there was always something that felt off or missing. We told my parents and they said it could mean we had another piece to our puzzle. I feel my wolf claw my mind with joy and feeling his satisfaction brings a sense of calm through my body.

Of course we were ecstatic cause the more the merrier as Arlo puts it. Though more is a limited term seeing as I'm not a share bear. Also said by Arlo. My wolf huffs a breath

"He said his parents never discussed mates or anything of the sort with him, also I was told he was bullied by some alphas at the school due to him being more uh submissive even though he's a beta." My jaw clinches at the thought of poor little Nick being cast out due to something he can't control "Which I'm not seeing why that's a bad thing but apparently the other pack has been kept in the dark about our evolving world."

My dads hand clench in his lap and I can feel the anger radiating off of him. "I will be sure to talk with the other packs Alpha about his packs ways" I nod at my father and grab onto arlos hand.

"What did you want to talk about?" Arlo asks and I almost shake my head but hold back cause I knew he would get mad at me for making fun of him. "Baby remember he said he wanted to discuss with us about taking over the pack after school ends" Arlo frowns but then awes as he remember the conversation we had with my dad this morning.

"Yes, now that yall are complete I feel like it is an even greater time to start talking about yall taking over"

I was raised my whole life knowing eventually I would take over everything my parents helped build but as I grew older the more work and stress was put on me, it was almost unbearable. That was until I realized I was not alone. Now the thought of becoming Alpha wasn't half as panicking as it used to be. Though I do sometimes still have the feeling of tightness in my chest that doesn't leave for sometimes the whole day.

When Arlo came by my side he too started to bear the burden of becoming a leader though with the support of not only my pack but also my parents it really helped us get through the hard times.

"However" my father states "i think it would be even more beneficial for yall to bond with yalls mate and ease him into the thought of a pack" I couldn't help but smile at my father and his words. Although he seemed tough on the outside my father was always thinking of others especially his loved ones.

"Thank you Alpha Ryder" Arlo says beaming he runs towards my dad and hugs him and then darts towards the kitchen. I sigh and slowly head behind him hearing my dad chuckling behind me.

"Arlo" I say sternly, he immediately stops turning around "he's talking with the Luna right now maybe we should give them some time" I hum. I hear him whine " but ash says his wolf is calling to him" I tilt my head in defeat and nod towards the kitchen. He squeals and continues.

**ash is arlos wolf and Ares is Markus's wolf just so you know**

As we walk in I see my mom sitting at the table and Nick by the stove on the phone. His eyes were misty and he looked so close to tears I almost wanted to rip the head of whoever was on the other side. I tilt my head to my mother and she mouths that it was his mother on the line. I frown and take a step towards nicks slightly shaking form. When hearing steps he spins around so fast I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash. When he sees me he crumpled slightly and leans he's head onto my chest.

Due to the close proximity I could hear the women on the other side screaming so loud I'm surprised I didn't hear it clearly before. With a frown I run my hands through nicks hair which makes him slump closer. I see Arlo rounding the corner and slinking his arms around nicks body his hands now between my stomach and nicks chest. A small whine escapes nicks mouth and he instantly apologizes to his mother. I could hear her voice raise demanding to know who he was with and why he wasn't home yet. I see my mother stand slowly walking towards us.

"Nick would you mind me talking to her? Maybe I could calm her down a little and explain what's going on." My mother says softly like she was talking to a small child. Nick nods slowly whispering to his mother how the Luna wanted to talk to her. The word Luna shut down his mothers words and for a split second I thought she hung up until I heard her asking him to repeat his self.

My mom slowly grab the phone from his hand and pressed it to her ear. She walks towards the living room where I'm sure my father is waiting. I can hear her calm voice speaking and I could also hear the malice slipping into her words. My mother is one of few people I would never purposely make angry. She was a scary women when she wants to be, my fathers anger was nothing compared to hers. I wrap my arms around the two people I will never let go of. Nicks sobs started soon after and I couldn't stand the sadness rolling off of him.

I grab under his leg and lift him into my arms. His head right under my chin. Arlo not far behind walks with me back to our room upstairs. I set him under the covers and me and Arlo cuddle him in the middle while he still stays strapped onto me like a koala. He was no longer spilling tears though I could hear sniffles.

"Nick I think we should talk about what may be happening at your home" I say in a soft tone not wanting to scare him. At my words another sob escaped his lips and I feel Arlo squeeze him a little harder.

"I know that it's scary but it feels so much better once you let go" Arlo says in a whisper I could almost see the tears falling out of his eyes. I know this is hard on Arlo due to him being in the same position a few years back.

Nicks breath evens out a little more and he lifts his head from under my neck. "When I turned twelve" he starts. I hug them both closer.

Authors note:
I know, I too wanted me to continue but I feel like his story sounds better in the next chapter;) also I know it may seem like they are making conclusions like how could they know anything was going on just from one phone call but Arlo going though something similar helps him see the signs that maybe there is something they need to talk about. If that makes sense