Chapter Thirteen

11 hits.

"Ah, now I remember creating these. Back in the good old days. That was back during the greatest night we had together, don't you believe?" Chiron asked, affectionately running his hands across the marks on my back, now which were dripping blood.

I gritted my teeth, forcing myself to remain calm, "The best night of my life".

12 hits.

"Yes. I quiet agree. But then you had to go and escape with MI6, now, didn't you?" He continued sadly.

13 hits.

"Wasn't my fault your guards are fucked up bastards who'd prefer to spend life in-prison that fight for the likes of you".

14 hits.

Another slice across my back, shredding it to pieces with the rough leather.

15 hits.

"You should watch your mouth, Alex" He hissed, "It isn't doing you any good, so far".

"Well, you know how it is, I anger you, you hit me, I anger you, you make a mistake, and I escape. Just like old times" I replied grinning, and he quickly brought the whip back down on my back, effectively slicing it open, yet again,

"Remain quiet and I won't kill you so harshly as I planned".

16 hits.

"Or, then again, maybe I won't".

17 hits.

Finally drained of his anger, he dropped the weapon a while later, calling for two guards as he undid the ropes binding my hands together.

Less than three minutes later, I was being thrown back into the cell with the others, face-up, and wincing as the rough concrete ripped open my back even further.

I heard the door shut, and get locked from the outside, and then two pairs of footsteps, as the guards walked further and further away.

From a few feet away, I heard Wolf give a small laugh, "What he'd do? Tickle you?".

I smiled slightly. He couldn't see my back. "Not quite".

Gritting my teeth, I slowly forced myself to sit up, ignoring the total look of disbelief that crossed the others faces as the total extent of my injuries became visible.

Taking a deep breath, I managed to get to my hands and knees, before my arms gave out and I collapsed, wincing as I only opened the cuts further.

Less than a split second later, someone was at my side, helping me back up, Snake. I glared at him the best I could, "I don't want your help".

"Well, whether you want it or not, is irrelevant" He replied calmly, "You NEED my help. You can barely sit up on your own".

"Yea, well, that's mainly due to the fact of blood loss. Nothing that a good old rescue from MI6 couldn't fix".

"Well, you're gonna be waiting a while" He muttered, and I flinched as I felt something cold and stinging run down my back, water. Guess they must have brought that earlier on.

"Save it" I told him, but he ignored me. I tried again, "Snake, please".

"No. I refuse to let you die in here, not from blood loss, and not when I can prevent it" He replied firmly.

"Don't bother. I've survived worse, and you need that water. You won't be getting anything else for a while".

"But you-" He stared, but I cut him off,

"But I'm fine, Snake. This is nothing compared to how it's going to get. Trust me. Save your strength. You're gonna need it".

He stared at me for another minute, "... What did he do to you?".