3: Present Day

Y/N was running late for school, and was rushing around the house without paying attention.

She was running to the kitchen, and accidentally ran smack into her sister who was jsut getting up.

"OMG Hana are you ok?" Y/N said frantically
trying to stabilize her sister, who was using her cane.

"Yes Y/N, i'm ok. Thank you for keeping me from falling, but you nwes to hurry and finish getting ready so you can leave. You don't need to be late on the first day of school." Hana said with a gentleness to her voice.

"I knowwww Hana. I just need to grab some breakfast and i'll be ready to go. I'll pick up groceries on the way home too." Y/N said while
going in the kitchen and grabbing a rice cake.

"Thank you. I don't know what is so without you. I'm sorry I can't be of more help with errands." Hana said ass she walked to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.

"It's ok sis, I promise. I'm just happy you're here." Y/N said as she was running to get her shoes on at the door.

"I'm glad to be back Y/N." Hana said to her sister as she bolted out of the door.

At School

Y/N got to school just before classes started and barely made it to class in time.

She was out of breath when she sat down, and fed friend Miya began snickering at her.

"Are you that out of shape?" Miya asked her with a chuckle.

"I am not out of shape, i'm just tired. I ran up two flights of stairs to get here." Y/N said in retaliation to her friend's judgement.

"Mhm, sure." Miya said as they both turned their attention to the front of the class.

During Lunch

Miya and Y/N both went up to the roof for lunch.

They were each other's only friends.

She stick around when Takashi and the others abandoned him, and he stayed when both her parents died.

He's met her older sister a few times, but not much.

Hana isn't the biggest fan of people since her injury, and has really bad anxiety now.

Miya started off the conversation, "So, how's your sister doing?  I haven't seen her in a bit."

"She's doing really good. She can walk short distances by herself but typically uses the cane to help stabilize, and she only uses the wheelchair when she has to go in public a lot. She doesn't like using the cane in public since she's still pretty unsteady." Y/N said while eating her sandwich.

"That's really good. How did this even happen though? I never wanted to be rude and ask, but I know she wasn't born like this." Miya said hesitantly to avoid offending his friend.

"I honestly don't know much either, all she'll tell me is it was a skateboarding accident when she was like 16. That's why she makes me be so careful when I skate." Y/N said.

"I think I'll ask her tonight though. Last time i asked was a few years ago, and she said she'd tell me when i'm older" Y/N said with some enthusiasm.