LIII. Welcome

MY FAMILY ALL TRAVELED BACK TO THE CAPITAL together as the fun summer vacation came to an end

"Did you enjoy your vacation?"

"You've worked hard to take care of the mansion, Miss Lisbon."

The Duke of Valentine's House, our residence, underwent extensive repairs while the family was away.

Although I will be away for a while, my room has been freshly wallpapered and the floor has been neatly refinished. Since it was the end of summer, I preferred the warm colors of the curtains.

"Now you're really going. What a shame."

"Mrs. Lisbon, I will be back soon."

If only my sister could find a secure place to live, she could return home soon. She made a concerted effort not to pay attention at first, but she felt really awkward after hearing something I had to say to Stan.

"But as Young Master Theo said......."

"Yeah?"

"No, it's nothing. Let's leave then."

Mrs. Lisbon left an unpleasant lingering feeling and ran away. What the hell, the woman is strange.

Whatever the case, the entrance preparations went without a hitch. Clara, my older sister, and Isaac, my older brother finally finished fully preparing for the entrance to the palace after having a vacation for two days.

And the night before I left, I decided to sleep in my parents' room after a long time.

"Ciel. I'll let you do whatever you want, so can't you just cancel the admission right now?"

"Mom, how could you do that?"

"I can't. How can we live without my youngest son? Mom will be so lonely." At first I thought it was just a joke. But my mother's eyes were filled with tears.

My mother was crying as if the sky had fallen, and I wanted to see what was going to happen, but she was crying more and more.

"That's how everyone leaves their mothers and becomes adults."

Is that the empty nest syndrome I've only heard of? As the youngest, my mother probably didn't expect me to leave the house so quickly.

Today, my father, who usually would have been the one to console her, concurred with her mother's opinion with a hint of resentment.

"I know. Dad is also upset."

"I'm sorry. I'll be returning as soon as my sister is doing well."

"Really? It's a promise."

"Yes, I mean it. So don't cry and wait for me."

"Ciel!"

How is it possible that I am this old and my mother still sees me as a little boy? I gently wiped the tears from my mother's eyes and pampered her as I tightly held her hand to her chest.