LIV. Solemnity

SINCE I WAS ONLY ALLOWED TO BRING one personal maid into the Imperial Palace, I decided to bring Meryl

"Miss Meryl, please come this way."

"Young Master Ciel, I'll see you later."

It would be difficult for them to bully Meryl because she was a rolling stone. Per my orders, she was obligated to follow and stand by me through thick and thin.

After I had said goodbye to Meryl, I went straight to talk to my dad. My father put some beautifully crafted chess pieces in my room.

"What is this?"

"This is a barrier."

"I took precautions to ensure that no one could peek into your room. Only dad can see my adorable son sleeping alone."

You bring up the dangers of wiretapping and hidden cameras. After seeing all the preparations up to this point, I assumed that a big thing was a big deal.

"I believe this should be enough."

My mother gave us the all-clear sign.

"Then please take care of our Ciel."

My parents left after we said our goodbyes. I'm really starting to feel like I'm living in someone else's house now.

While Theo went to see Clara, I looked around for no reason and felt uneasy.

Everything is fine. Actually, there's no major issue, but I'm still thinking about something.

"Did anything make you feel uncomfortable?"

Alex, who is known for his quick wit, picked up on my peculiarity. I paused for a few moments before speaking cautiously.

"Yes, your highness. May I ask you one favor?"

"Of course, as much as you want."

"Because the room is too big. Can my sister and I share a room?"

Alex's eyes trembled fiercely in response to my unexpected question. Although this room is nice, it's too spacious. When I'm in my room alone at night, I keep having this weird feeling that a ghost will appear.

It looks fine right now because it's bright, but I imagine how terrifying it will be after night falls and the room is empty.

"It's a bit difficult."

Alex, who seemed to be listening to everything at first, expressed his displeasure. How can you be so mean to me?

"I think I'd be too scared to sleep alone in this room."

Please let me sleep with my sister, Clara. Alex considered it for a bit, not realizing that I was planning something evil, and then Burnett handed him a key.

"If you are, then there is nothing I can do."

Alex then moved in the direction of the mysterious door in the room.