chapter 5- New Relationships

Tamryn Sandler

"Excuse me, I'm pretty sure I emphasized no ice." I turned to look and imagine my disbelief seeing him again.

That's greedy smirk resting on his face. "I'm sorry sir, I'll get that fixed for you." I said maintaining a smile.

I got back and handed it to him. "Next time get it right the first time." He said in a sny tone. And I gave him a small smile and a nod.

"Be a darling and get us two more bottles." The man said.

"Coming right up."

I must admit. I hate seeing ppl drink. They just remind me of Dylan, but I just had to blur those thoughts in order to do my job.

"Here you go." I said, placing the bottles in the ice bucket.

"Be a darling and get me another scotch," that bastard said with that devilish smirk. I simply smiled and nodded. "Oh, and this time, make sure there's no ice." He commented.

I just know he's about to make the rest of my night horrible.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

It's been 5 hours now going back and forth for those men and that bastard purposely spilled his drink on me two times already, but I can't lose my temper cause that's exactly what he wants.

"Is there anything else I can get you guys?" I asked. "No love, you can close our tab now." The man said. Oh, thank God. My feet were already hurting, and my shift was about to end.

"Here's the bill." Handing it to him to sign. These men seriously spent $56 000 on alcohol.

Crazy.

He signed and placed his card on, and I went back to the to the bar to close the tab. I looked at the tip, and my eyes practically almost fell out of their sockets.

TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!

In one night of working, I just got tipped half my paycheck. And it wasn't that hectic of a night. It clearly had to be a mistake.

I practically ran back to their table. "Excuse me -"

"Is there a problem?" The man questioned. 

"No, I just - I- I think you may have made a mistake. The tip is so high-"

He interrupted me "No that looks fine to me." He smiled.

"I'm sorry to say this, but I think you must be drunk cause there's no way in your right mind that you're tipping me so much."

They all laughed at me.

"I can't accept so much money, respectively." I uttered.

"Well, you have no choice." That bastard chimed in. With that, they all got up from their table and headed for the exit.

"I didn't quite get your name." The man asked as his other friends had left.

"Tamryn, but call me Tammy." I said with a confused look.

"Harris." He said, extending his arm out for me to shake.

"It was lovely meeting you, Tammy." He said, placing a kiss on the back of my hand. I smiled out of courtesy and off he went.

I rolled my eyes and went back to the bar.

"So I see you've found yourself a millionaire boyfriend." Jacob joked, and I laughed.

"Shut up." I said tossing a serviet  to him. I looked at the time, *22:00*, "Huh finally, I get to leave." I said, getting up, making my way to the Lockers. Just a little while later, Jacob walked in, gathering his stuff as well.

"Where do you live?" He questioned. "My mom told me not to give my address to Strangers." I joked, and we laughed.

"Well, excuse me for thinking we're friends."

"Friends? I just met you." I teased.

"Well then, why don't we get to know each other. While I walk you home of course." He teased back and I laughed. "Fine then." I gave in.

Jacob seemed nice. And I won't lie he's good looking too, but I just met this man. I couldn't be falling for him already. But maybe I was, but only a little.

We left the club and i lead the way. "So, Tammy, tell me about yourself." He asked. "Do you interrogate every new waitress?" I teased. "Only the ones as pretty as you." He said with a grin on his face. "Oh and now we're flirting?" I laughed and he laughed too.

"Why don't I start then." He said and continued "Well my name is Jacob and I work at the bar but you already know that... My favorite color is Blue. I love reading and poetry, I actually write aswell but just for fun, and I moved to New York to pursue writing but failed dismally. Now you." He ended.

"Well, I'm Tammy, My favorite color is blue as well. I actually hate reading, I dont know why but I just do. I'm more of a movies type of girl. And I moved to New York to start over, I guess." I said.

"You hate reading? How else am I supposed to show my love for you if I can't write you poems since you won't read them." He teased bringing his hand to his chest clutching it like his in pain. I laughed "Wow. Well I guess thats how our love ends, maybe it's not meant to be." I joked as we continued walking down.

"No it's definitely meant to be. I mean why else would the gods above put you in my life?" He said smirking. "Your right. You must be my soulmate then. I mean it makes sense. I just met you but it's clear your meant to be in my life forever." I joked. We both burst out laughing.

That's when I realized we were in front of my apartment building. "Well, here we are. It's not that far from work so I guess I don't have an excuse to ever be late." I said. "Gosh, already. I was hoping to spend a little bit more time with you" he teased.  "Oh please, you'll see me tomorrow at work." I replied. "But I can't leave without getting your number." He said pulling out his phone and handing it to me. I typed it in and handed it back to him. "Goodnight Jacob." I said and smiled ar him then ran into my apartment building. Just before entering I heard him say n"ight" and off he went.

~mayamccoynovels°