16. Irritating Personality

Offo isey daant ke bhagaaun
Offo ya seene se lagaun
Thapad lagaun
Ya sir pe bithaun offo!

。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

Patiala, Punjab, India

Trishnoor's pov

"Aunty iced coffee!" Divyam said the moment we sat in the coffee shop.

"No! Hot coffee!" Junnu interupted in between.

"Ice!"

"Hot!"

"Ice"

"Hot!"

"She said hot, so we're taking hot" Mr. Grumpy came beside Junnu and said.

I laughed and said, "We'll buy both okay."

Akaal made a straight face and narrowed his eyes.

"Come on Akaal, don't be kill joy!"

"I am not. I am just taking my baby's side."

"Offo, they both are little babies yaar!"

"Hmm, but Junnu is my- nope, not mine, our. Junnu is ours."

"Akaal I wont lie but this is a very cheap line and I hate this way of talking of yours. I am going to buy the coffees, you work on your stupid attitude."

"What did I even say wrong Noor? Why are you getting angry at me? I'm just loving our daughter. Atleast I am not some other fathers who leave their kids at neighbour's house when they are busy. I would never be busy for our little girl."

I hate this.

Like come on we know Junnu is our daughter but why the hell he has to emphasis over the same line again and again and make it sound cheap.

I understand his love for Junnu, but this behaviour with a legit 4 year old baby boy is so bad.

This behavior of his is making me question if he is the same person I married or his doppleganger.

I completely ignore him without giving any reaction on my face and take my debit card out of my purse to go and buy the coffee.

I may spend less money, but I never compromise with kids.

I mean what kind of mother I would be if I can't get my baby what she wants even when I am capable of buying it.

I was about to leave when he holds my hand and says, "remember you can't stand much. There is a long que. I'll go"

Here he goes again. A completely different behaviour.

I don't say him anything and just handover my debit card to him.

"I have mine. I'll buy." He replies and slides the debit card in the pocket of my jacket.

I sit on the couch opposite to the kids and start looking at the menu card.

"Mumma, you know we had a surprise maths test today!"

"Oh really, how did it go?"

"Very bad" Junnu said and laughed. Seeing her laugh, Divyam also started laughing.

We had picked both of them directly from the school as Sakshat had called on Akaal's phone and requested him to pick Divyam up too since he was busy.

Akaal was in the washroom, so technically its me who picked up the call.

"Haww, that is very bad Junnu. But koi ni. It's good you told me."

"Actually na, I love A B C but I don't like 1 2 3"