✧ CHAPTER I.

BE SURE TO READ THE WARNINGS IN THE DESCRIPTION

!!! VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED !!!

MASS SHOOTING, PANIC ATTACKS, MILD VIOLENCE
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS THE EVENT OF A SHOOTING

!! READ WITH CAUTION !!

∘₊✧─────────────────────✧₊∘

.

.

.

The first week of school had just ended and it was Saturday, so Roman and Lupe decided to meet up at the mall.

They found each other in the food court in the center of a busy bustling mall.

"Looks like our pumpkin promise worked. We are both still alive." Lupe spoke as she sat down at one of the tables. The shuffling of her baggy black cargo pants caught up with the clanging of chairs and the voices of other customers. Placing her small book bag on her lap she sighed, pushing a curl out of her face.

"Yes, but I had to remind you about it constantly." Said Roman, their voice sarcastic with the slightest rasp. His sweater vest was adorned with his faded blue messenger bag strap. Their childhood promise to escape their lives rang in his head. A misspoken 'pinky promise' is now dubbed as a 'pumpkin promise' the strongest of promises. Lupe just rolled her eyes in response, though his caring words meant a lot.

"Whatever. Anyways I think we both can agree that this school year already sucks." Brown eyes squinting in distaste. No longer having Roman in the same town was a change for the worse.

Roman quickly nodded in response, a silent agreement. "Yeah having so many people is overwhelming as fuck, and not knowing anybody is just a bonus. I'm not used to big city schools." They let out a long sigh. First having been kicked out of their foster home with a day to pack, then being sent back with his unstable mother was a hay ride of a summer.

"But hey! Maybe you can find some bitches finally since maybe everyone isn't a fucking redneck." Lupe stated. The small conservative town they had met in was everything but welcoming to both of them. Not wanting Mexicans or mixed people in the community. And the cherry on top for Roman, the area was also very transphobic and homophobic.

"Yeah yeah, I can get all the bitches I want and you know it, anyways, I started Drivers ED, and it is boring as hell. Though I don't mind just getting to sit there."