Chapter 8: Sheridan

Walking into the kitchen for prep that morning I was kinda out of it. I barely got sleep after being overtaken with nightmares for the first time in a couple months. And to add onto it my anxiety was worse and I was more in my head. I figured it was because school was about to start and left it at that. Going into the kitchen I saw Carmen and Sydney there prepping and got out some vegetables to get started on to help. Carmen had just got done saying something about needing a new dinner menu. 

“For sure.” 

“For the new menu I was thinking maybe a play on tongue and cheek.” 

“Oxtail?” 

“Or beef, or short rib, and risotto.” 

“Maybe.” 

Marcus walked over ending the conversation. He had a book he was reading about deserts maybe? Couldn’t tell. I continued chopping carrots almost done with the small container I had. I would continue on with that but I should probably get started on cakes. So finishing that I washed my hands before moving over towards Marcus station quicking taking note of what he had listed and marked down. There was a loud rumbling noise that the others went to go check. 

Leaving them to that I continued so we we’re that behind on schedule. Mixing in the ingredients I made sure to press the next so Marcus could just come and get started. Once I had that all ready to go I put it in the oven making sure everything was correct from the checklist I had Marcus put yesterday, I started to work on more bread. 

“Yo Belly you missed it the toilet exploded on Carmy.” 

“No way I missed it.” 

“Yeah but we gotta start on the” 

“Cakes I Know let's hear what he has to say first.” 

Carmen starts to show us a new recipe for the menu. Watching closely to what he was doing I made sure to remember the small step to make sure it was right. After he did that I got the cake and put it to chill. Hopefully Marcus can frost them if he is good on time. Seeing he was doing something I got started on another cake ignoring his roommate that was reading off how to ferment something. 

“Marcus, we good on cakes chef, don’t get lost in that shit.” 

“We’re good chef.” 

“I trust you.” 

“Hey Marcus there’s a cake cooling right now, where is the frosting, and I’m about to put another one in.” 

“Yeah got it ummm give me a second.” 

“Got it.” 

Putting the second cake in the oven I moved to the front of the house to see if they needed help.Walking back out there I took a look before walking back out deciding I wasn’t needed there right now. 

“How we looking up front.” 

“Shitty but better chef.” 

“I’ll take that.” 

I didn’t know what to do while waiting so I just went into the locker room and sat down for a minute. I was really tired and I haven’t gotten through anything. I planned on staying all day seeing as I had nothing better to do but now I’m rethinking it. I could probably catch up on some shows or something at home. 

“Get off of me.” 

Hearing a commotion outside I walked to see what it was and saw Richie and Fak fighting. I don’t know what it was about, but Carmy threw water on them to break it up. Way to add to the pile that just got cleaned up. They started shouting about stuff before Fak quickly outed Richie.