𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐁𝐄, ʲᵃʸᵏˡⁱᶜᵏⁱⁿ

ෆ conceiving a bundle of joy is terrifying, but maybe you'll be okay

"Just try to eat a lil bit, mami," Justin said, holding a bowl of soup, the spoon going to your lips

"I can't, I'll get sick," you whined.

"You gotta do it for the baby, you didn't eat nothing yesterday," he said, motioning for you to eat the soup.

You knew he was right, the baby needed the nutrients, but you also knew you would be terribly sick later. You were entering your third trimester soon and still suffered with severe illness.

Nearly everything smelled terrible, and you threw up practically everything you ate. On top the sickness from hardly eating, you were constantly swollen, and you hadn't even felt the baby's kick yet.

You felt like a failure already, like you couldn't do this, when it hardly started. Justin was extremely supportive, catering to your every need, but even he could only do so much.

"Do you like it?" He asked, as you swallowed the soup.

"Yeah," you mumbled, eyeing him and the bowl. It was rare for you to like something and want to eat more, nowadays.

"Good, have some more," he smiled, his dimples showing. He made a mental note to thank his mom later, for the recipe. As he continued to feed you, you couldn't help but notice how he watched you, carefully. From his gaze alone, you could feel how strong his love had been.

Eating a few more scoops, you eventually were shaking your head, pushing his hand away, like a child. "I can't eat anymore," you groaned.

"Ight, do you feel a lil better?" He asked, sitting the bowl down, picking your leg up to start rubbing your feet.

"Yes, thank you," you nodded, massaging your fingers through his scalp, as he laid his head on your breast.

"You're welcome," he mumbled, his fingers rubbing your sore heels. With how gentle he always managed to be, it made sense how you fell asleep so easily.

Justin woke up to the sound of your footsteps running to the bathroom, before the door slammed

Getting up, he followed behind, seeing you hunched over the toilet, puking up the soup from earlier. He knew you were taking it hard on yourself, the issues you were having, but it made him for more grateful. To see the girl he loved going through all of this, to bring life into this world, he looked at women, in general, with a higher sense of respect.

"My back hurts," you cried, propping your face on your wrist.

"Come on, we can find something," he said, helping you stand, watching as you brushed your teeth, while he cleaned the bathroom.

"I could've cleaned it," you told him, taking the toothbrush from your mouth.

"I got it," he held a small smile. The last thing he wanted was for you overwork yourself, you needed all the beauty rest you could get.

Rinsing your mouth, you went into the living room, hoping some stretching would take away the back pain. Justin soon joined you, sitting behind you, BioFreeze, along with essential oil, in his hand. Reaching for the bottom of your shirt, he helped pull it over your head, leaving you in the gray sports bra.

Rubbing the BioFreeze all over your back, you shuttered at the cooling sensation, before it started to heat up. "Did I get your whole back?" He asked, nodding, you turned to him, feeling emotional.

"Thank you, I don't know what I would be doing without y-

"Chill, you gone get all overwhelmed," he wiped the tears, turning you around to lay against him.

Pouring the oil into his hands, he reached down, massaging your bump. Moaning, you could physically feel the weight being lifted from off of your spine, as he rubbed.

"Have you thought about baby names?" He asked.

"No, I guess it depends on the gender," You said, laying your head on his shoulder.

"Then what you wanna have? Or hope they are?"

"I'll be happy with either, but I want a girl, the thought of us wearing matching outfits, buying her clothes for school dances, bonding girl to girl, what about you?"

"I wanna girl, too many niggas around here," he referred to his brothers, only having one sister.

"I could see you being a girl dad," I smiled, shutting my eyes.

"Like you said, as long as they're healthy, it doesn't matter, but I want another you, running around," he smiled.

"I'm scared, we're young, I have no experience, I don't think they like me, they don't even kick," I whined, sliding up, onto the sofa.

"I thought the kicking hurt?"

"I'm sure it does, but just to know they're active, outside of at the clinic, during the ultrasounds," you sighed.

"We just gotta start talking to them more, I read that they can recognize your voice," he said, sounding like an expert.

Going to his knees, he moved between your legs, holding your stomach. "Wassup baby, it's ya pops, and momma, we love you so much," he spoke. With nothing happening you turned your head, feeling hurt, but Justin took your hand, placing it alongside his.

"Speak," he said, lowly.

"Hi, baby, it's mommy, I love you, so much-

Before anymore could be said, you felt a painful kick, the foot very visibly poking out. Although it was extremely uncomfortable, this was the first time this had happened.

"Good job, but you got be careful with ya mom, she's delicate like you," Justin explained.

Leaning down, he peppered your stomach with kisses, caressing your sides. You loved how secure Justin made you feel constantly. With him by your side through everything, maybe everything would be okay.