Project ''Opressor''

Rauk's TIE came out of hyperspace. It had just entered the Pirussian system, home to Pirutka, the Empire's home planet. In front of the Sith's fighter stood an impressive space station, docked with a dozen DarkStars undergoing maintenance or in the final stages of construction.Surrounding the planet was an unfinished metal ring, a future shield preventing ships from entering without authorization. An important and expensive measure, but essential in the event of an attack. A security measure ordered by Palpatine. Rauk believed that the Republic could never orchestrate an attack on Pirutka. He passed the station and approached an imposing fleet of fifteen DarkStars. This was the Omega fleet, under the command of Admiral Pittburg, a ruthless warlord assigned to watch over the planet. The Sith accelerated and passed the Omega fleet before entering the planet's atmosphere. Over a large part of the planet, Imperial installations have been built: barracks, light and heavy vehicle factories, raw material production plants for the space fleets, shipyards, officer schools and Imperial training centers, forming a large part of the armed forces. It's a city planet, like Coruscant, except that 75% of its surface is covered by Imperial infrastructure.Darth Rauk flew over the immense Imperial castle, the current seat of the Empire, where its wealthiest dignitaries, the highest-ranking officers and, of course, the Sith, gather for important meetings. The last meeting had been very brief, with Rauk announcing from Ryloth that he was entering the war against the Republic and calling for an acceleration in the production of starships and combat vehicles. After several minutes, he finally arrived above the shipyards, where some twenty DarkStars were entering the final stages of production, while another twenty cruisers were still in production. In the smaller docks, the future Sentinel-class light cruisers were going into production. Rauk saw these ships as miniature replicas of DarkStar and perfectly useless, but time would surely prove him wrong. He was now flying over numerous hangars and assembly plants, when he finally caught sight of the super-docks, where the Opressor-class assault battleships were being built. He saw one, almost finished.

The Opressor-class assault battleship is the pinnacle of Imperial technology, an ultra-armored warship, 12,600 meters long, 2,400 meters wide and 990 meters high, in the shape of an arrow.
Darth Rauk gazed in amazement at the immense, deep-black vessel, marked with red lines forming the outline of the battleship. An immense vessel that took five years to come into being, but looks well worth the wait. The Sith landed on the landing platform and left his TIE. He walked briskly towards the observation building, overlooking the Opressor's super-dock. As he approached, the two stormtroopers guarding the door moved aside, allowing the Sith to enter through a long gray corridor.
He passed a patrol standing at attention, but did not stop. He pressed a button to open the elevator doors and stepped inside, took a deep breath and ordered:

-Last level.
-Roger, ascending to the last level.

A voice-controlled elevator. The Sith hoped the Dreadnought was so equipped, he'd rather talk than press buttons. Buttons are good for droids, not for him. The climb was slow, the Sith impatient to hear what Major Fontaine, head of the Opressor project, had to say. After a few minutes of ascent, the elevator shook and the disembodied voice declared:

-Last level.

Then the doors opened. Two Stormtroopers guarded the elevator door, while a dozen or so officers, engineers and designers looked at numerous data boards.
The Major stood in front of a large bay window, overlooking the immense Opressor just below. Fontaine's eyes were riveted on a datapad when the Sith reached him. He raised his head and his round face lit up at the sight of Rauk. He removed his kepi and said:

-Lord Rauk, I'm glad to see you're already with us.

-The pleasure's mutual Major...Why did you want to see me?
-To talk about our first Opressor. As you know, two others are under construction, but they won't be ready for at least another five years.
-Is there a problem?
-Yes, just one...We don't have enough Kyber crystals for the super-laser.
-This means a trip to Ilum...

-Precisely, and I thought it would be best if you went personally, with the miners.
-Indeed, it would be better if I went personally, but it'll have to wait a little longer, when will it be ready?

-It'll be fully functional in one year, just need the Kybers.

-Excellent, gather your best miners and get them ready for an expedition to Ilum.
-I'll take care of it, my lord.
-Last question, what is the Dreadnought's full armament?
-It will have a super-laser cannon capable of destroying a base from space or even destroying a planet, but the energy punch will be more substantial. It has 36 heavy turbolasers, 12 medium turbolasers, 340 laser cannons and 8 proton torpedo launchers.
-Very...interesting...

Rauk turned on his heels, pondering which planet the Empire's newest weapon would be demonstrated on. The Sith's thoughts turned to Er'tilk, an important Republic land base. The planet had to fall. He would contact General Grievous later to order the attack.