Chapter 3: A Merciful Death

Another week had passed since Nalitor and Kasi began their sexual escapades. His eyes were burning bright with magic as he suspended himself in the air - a large swirling storm of ice shards surrounding him, nearly filling the room. Specks of dirt near his feet suspended in the air, held in place as a side effect of the magic he was wielding. His hands were outstretched and lightning sparked sporadically from his body throughout the storm. The chilled air and swirling icicles shattered against the shield that the runes created while Kasi stood on top of the bench trying to watch Nalitor through the swirling tempest, to little effect.

He held the blizzard steady for over a minute before he slowly started to bring his hands inward, in front of his chest. Closing his eyes, he focused on the magic swirling around him. He took a deep breath and suddenly pushed his hands down towards the ground, creating a shockwave that expelled outwards into the storm. The massive shockwave ripped through the storm, shattering it as the wave picked up handfuls of dirt and slammed them into the stone walls. The runes flashed brightly as the dirt and magic harmlessly bounced off the magical shield they created to counter Nalitor's spell. A silence encompassed the room as Nalitor let himself drift back to the ground opening his eyes. "Not bad...not bad at all." Retarion smiled at him.

"Thanks." Nalitor responded as he caught his breath.

"Gods damn!" Kasi said as she walked out from behind the protecting runes, "Somehow you still manage to impress me."

Nalitor smiled, flattered, "Should that be good enough for that book?"

She shook her head in disbelief and smiled, "Oh. Pft. Yea" She threw the book over her shoulder back towards the bookshelves, "No question. Your dedicated ice magic training is now over. Until we get to another book. Or when you re-practice spells to make sure they're still fresh. Or if any of the other books call for it..." She put everything she had into holding back her laughter. It didn't leave her face, but he could see it behind her pursed, smiling, lips, "But we're done with that book!"

He rolled his eyes at her, "So I'll be doing frost magic from here on out." He grumbled slightly. The need to keep in top shape, top form, top skill, was even more important than learning the new magics. Most of his time training was not going through the new books, they only did one or two of those at a time, and they took awhile to get through. Massive amounts of time and effort was poured into these goals. He would simply just practice the spells over, and over, and over, and over...but why?

Instead he was always trying to come up with new ways to utilize the spells, to think of unconventional ways to deal with conventional problems. Formulate new spells of his own, both dedicated to a single school of magic, or sometimes mixing them together, although that was incredibly dangerous. The best way to train with magic truly would be to spar, to fight, but that was not a luxury he was given. So he came up with his own ways to keep his mind sharp. Nearly everything about his training was unconventional, but it let him see things in a light most other magicians never would consider. "What's next on the list?"

"You want to continue?" Kasi looked at him in shock, her mouth left slightly ajar.

"Of course! I'm on a fucking roll!" Nalitor smiled at her. Something about the day, nothing in specific, just the feel of the day was more than favorable to his training. His mood, his mind, his mentality. They were all perfect. He felt like he could conjure up spells the realms had never seen before.

Kasi grumbled slightly, "I was hoping to take a break, but I'll make you a deal." She looked him over, "Fuck me now and we can train for the day straight."

"I've got a better one." Nalitor wasted no time in responding as he eyed her back, "Lets train for another hour and I'll fuck you for a day straight."

She paused for a moment. Not needing to consider the offer, but embracing how perfect it was. "Alright. Imma hold you to that though. 24 hours."