chapter 20: Han cuff

Ray lounged on the couch in the Hazbin Hotel's common area, a thoughtful expression on his face as he contemplated the concept of eternity

Ray lounged on the couch in the Hazbin Hotel's common area, a thoughtful expression on his face as he contemplated the concept of eternity. Beside him, Charlie sat listening intently, her curiosity piqued by Ray's musings.

Ray: "You know, Charlie, sometimes I can't help but wonder about our lives here in hell. We demons live for eternity, and yet, what do we really have to show for it?"

Charlie: "It's true. With endless time stretching before us, it's easy to feel like our lives lack purpose or meaning."

Ray: "Exactly. We spend our days in this cycle of chaos and debauchery, but for what? What's the end goal?"

Charlie: "I suppose that's the question we're all trying to answer, isn't it? Finding meaning in our existence despite the circumstances of our eternal damnation."

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Angel Dust, who flopped onto the couch beside them with a dramatic sigh.

Angel Dust: "Ugh, can you two stop with the existential crisis talk? It's a real buzzkill."

Charlie: "Sorry, Angel. Just thinking out loud, I guess."

Angel Dust: "Well, stop thinking so loud. You two have literally just been sitting down talking about all this deep shit all morning..."

Ray: "We're just civilised...☕"

Vaggie appeared in the common area, her expression serious as she approached Ray.

Vaggie: "Ray, I need your help. We have a delivery to make to Carmilla Carmine, and I could use an extra pair of hands."

Ray nodded, rising from the couch and ready to assist Vaggie with whatever task lay ahead.

Ray: "Oh, Right..What do you need me to do?"

Vaggie: "We need to transport some angelic weapons back to Carmilla's shop."

Ray: "I'm coming.."
________________

Timeskip
________________

As Ray and Vaggie arrived at Carmilla Carmine's warehouse with the crates of angelic weapons in tow, they were greeted by the sight of Carmilla's daughters, Odette and Clara, bustling about the space.

Vaggie: "Hey there, Odette, Clara. We've got the weapons."

Odette, the older of the two sisters, flashed a warm smile as she approached Vaggie.

Odette: "Excellent! Thank you for bringing them back. Mother has been awaiting their return."

As Odette interacted with Vaggie in a professional manner, ensuring the proper handling of the angelic weapons, Ray couldn't help but feel a sense of unease as he noticed her blatant disregard for him. Odette glanced briefly in Ray's direction before returning her attention to Vaggie, her demeanor cool and distant.