Chapter 38: Fallen

"Where are we going?"

Taeyeon eyed the seemingly unending rows of trees. They've just passed by a mountain and were journeying through a long road in a vast forest.

"Are you going to kill me and dump my body here?"

JK peeled his eyes away from the lane to look briefly at Taeyeon on the passenger's seat.

He smirked. "Did you bring your wallet?"

"Seriously, where are we going? Why did you bring me here? Does Vin know about this?"

"He does. He knows everything. Including how to get here."

"Why are we here?"

"You could use some time away. It's quiet where we're going. It's isolated but completely safe. You can jog around, in the midst of greens and nature. There are trails. There's also a hot tub in the place."

"You prepared a getaway for me?"

"Yeah."

"I didn't know you like me that much."

"I don't."

She smiled.

"So you'll stop being pathetic."

"You really think a time off will change anything?"

"We'll see."

"Will you stay? It's dark. I think it will pour soon."

"Do you want me to?"

She stared ahead. "Nah. I think I should stay away from you."

"I'll come back and get you tomorrow."

"No need. I can go home by myself."

"You don't have a ride if I don't come back."

"This is my car."

"How do I get home if I leave it here?"

She silenced.

"I'll get you tomorrow."

They arrived at a huge cabin in the middle of the woods. JK checked the entire house and locked some doors. He carried her bags to a room and laid out all the food they brought on the counter in the kitchen.

"Make sure to close and lock the door behind you."

She nodded.

"Call me if there's any emergency."

"Okay."

She watched him drive away through the window and stood, looking at the lodge, when she was left alone.

"What should I do?"

She paced to the back patio.

"Should I go on a jog?"

But the sky was already covered with dark clouds. So she just went to the bathroom and turned the hot tub on. Then, she returned to the kitchen to take a bottle of wine and a goblet, connected her phone to a speaker and played some slow, relaxing music.

She poured wine in the glass, placed it beside the tub and undressed. A sigh escaped her lips when the warm water touched her skin. She stared at the view outside. A large tinted glass window made it possible to see. She took a sip and leaned back, relishing on the warmth that's relaxing her muscles.

The music stopped and another song played.

Hold me close and hold me fast

She sighed and closed her eyes.