..Hope..

Hope.

...

After sitting in silence for almost 2 minutes you decided to try calling your parents. You really hoped they would pick up your call because of the fight you had yesterday with them. You were fine with your parents worrying about you but they really took things far. You wanted to move out atleast until your graduation, but you were still a kid in their eyes who can't do anything on their own. You brushed those thoughts away and stood up to go over to the kitchen so you can talk to them comfortably. Francis noticed you getting up and going into the kitchen but he didn't question you, guess he knew what you were gonna do.

After some seconds your mom picked up the phone "umm hey mom, is everything fine there?" You didn't cared to do any greeting, it wasn't the time to do it. "Yea everything is fine...why do you ask y/n?" Her voice had a hint of confusion. You prepared yourself mentally on what you were about to say. "So there had been a little commotion in here..." she understood what you meant quickly. "what!?" You knew what she's gonna say next. "Where are you? Are you okay? Are you in a safe place right now-" you cutted her off. "I am alright mom. You don't need to worry, I've called the D.D.D and they will take care of it." You reassured her. You knew that was an explainable reaction. "Okay but pack your bags we are coming to pick you up." No. You didn't wanted to leave this place you wanted to tell her that but, it would be better to not argue in this situation right now. "Okay....but only come when I'll give you a call." Or else what if they arrive at the wrong time? "I'll wait for your call but even if you don't give me a call we'll come anyway!" They are really stubborn aren't they. "Okay okay. Bye and i love you both." You rarely say that you love them still it didn't felt weird to say it out loud to them. "I love you too dear. Take care!" You hung up quickly.

You exhaled. You wanted to cry your eyes out. No, you didn't wanted to live in an apocalypse this was too much for you to take in. You don't want to suffer in a world like this all you wanted was to live a normal life even if there are some bad days in which you spill your favourite drink but you didn't wanted ti at last see someone dear to you die i infront of you! You don't want that thrill!

You massaged your head a little, the thoughts were making your head hurt. You slowly walked in the living room and sat down on the couch like you were exhausted. You saw that Francis was in call with someone, all you heard was a 'thank you' from him as he hung up. You guessed he was maybe talking to some officers, you wanted to ask him but didn't wanted to seem nosy so you stayed silent.

After a while, Francis lifted his head to look at you. You also looked up at him in response. "Don't worry y/n, everything will get fine. Alright?" He spoke in a really soft and reassuring voice.

You were about to broke down infront of him. Yea this was it you were about to cry your eyes out now. No. I shouldn't cry like this! Stop y/n! Your tears finally escaped your eyes, you put your hands on your face quickly to hide your crying face.

What did he even say to make you cry like this?

Francis lifted his hand and patted your head. "It's okay." He softly said to you. You never imagined you would ever be in a situation like this. No not even once in your life. You wanted to hug him and cry on his shoulder but it wasn't possible. You silently cried as Francis hand never moved away from your head, he patted your head until you calmed down. He never spoke a word when you cried, his silence was his comfort.

After a while when you calmed down, he was still your patting head softly. A gesture of comfort. "You okay?" He asked. You nodded, your mouth was too dry to speak. No way you just cried infront of him. You wiped your dried tears on your cheek with your sleeve.

Meanwhile,

                  3 doppelgangers have been spotted in your building. The milkmans doppelganger, Walters doppelganger and Angus doppelganger. They were roaming around finding their prey. The 5 officers body had been found on the 2nd floor. 3 of the officers having their whole head missing, the 2 officers had their intestine out and their whole heart missing. And they were on their way to the 3rd floor, where your apartment was.

After calming down. All you wanted to do was thank him for the comfort but you were embarrassed? Embarrassed for showing emotions? A really stupid thing to be embarrassed for. Neither had you or him ever said more than 2 words to each other. Always a polite 'good morning' to each other was all you've ever said. As people say time changes everything, it sure does. You always saw Francis as the cold introvert man who never speaks. When you first moved here he was the first person you saw. He wasn't just an older guy. For some reason you fall for him at first sight. Obviously you thought maybe it's a little crush you will get over it but you don't think it's a 'small crush' anymore. You always looked forward to the morning. After getting along with your neighbours you got to know that he has a daughter, and got to know that he doesn't have a wife, perhaps he was divorced or his wife died or she left him? He was really mysterious. But it wasn't your business to think about what happened to his wife.

You realised that not a single call from the D.D.D. what are they doing have they even arrived in the building? How long do you guys have to wait, haven't the officers killed the doppelganger yet? It was weird they were taking too much time. It was normal to think that maybe the officers had been killed by the doppelgangers but you shrugged it off thinking it was perhaps your overthinking and anxiety? That's the worst that can happen. Your eyes were a little red cause of how much you cried.

"Shouldn't we call the officers and ask if they have taken the situation in their hands?" Francis also seemed to agree that they are taking too long to get the job done. He called the D.D.D, after they picked it up.

"Hello. Haven't some officers have been sended in xxxx building?" Francis spoke this time. Good thing because you didn't wanted to speak in your weak voice. "I am sorry for the trouble but we have sended 5 officers, we have lost connection with them but please be calm we are handling the situation as much as we can." The man said from the other line. I sighed. No way they have handled the situation, you were right the officers are killed. And the doppelganger can come and kill you at any moment. "So do we sit here and wait till we get killed?" Francis seemed a little angry. You were also a little frustrated at this point. "We are really sorry for the trouble. I would recommend you to exit the building as soon as possible."

This guy is crazy! He was litrelly telling you both to go out and say Hi to the doppelgangers? "Are you out of your mind? Do you want us to get killed?" He really wanted to get us killed by giving this advice. "We will try to send the officers as soon as possible." They ended the call. Do we really have to get out? Isn't there any other way out? You sighed. This Is really confusing for both of you.

Die or die. This was it. It was either die in the apartment doing nothing or die outside trying to get out. Or perhaps a miracle can happen and we will survive.

You looked at Francis. "So, do should we go out?" He seemed to be on the same line. "It's the only thing we can do." Yea that was true that's the only thing we could do. But how do we actually get out safely? You were lost in thoughts. "Do you have anything for self defense?" Francis asked standing up. You thought for a second before remembering that your parents our of worry gave you a lot of things.

Nodding you moved towards the cupboard, opening one of those drawer you took out a taser, a pocket knife and a pepper spray. Walking towards Francis you showed him the things. He took a look at all the three of them before picking up the pocket knife. You took the taser and pepper spray, a knife would've been good but you don't know if you will have a good grip on it. You really hoped you wouldn't need to use these things. You both gave each other a small nod and started to walk towards the door to go out.

There was a hope that you will survive but also fear that you will not. Francis was about to grab the door nob and open the door but then a sudden growl emerged from behind the door. Your breath hitched, no thoughts only fear taking over as Francis slowly turned behind to look at you and all he said was in a whisper "hide".

One word enough to make you tremble in fear.

Hope. Hope is a human emotion that will never leave their mind. If a human becomes rational people call them cold or sometimes even a sociopath but when a human becomes too much hopefull they are called Delusional. Humans are the most smartest creature alive on earth yet they can become the most dumb in the flow if emotions.

♡♡♡