The Burden of Devotion

Jia's Pov.

Since childhood, Jungkook and I have been together. Since our childhood, I have loved him, but he has loved someone else. I have admired him, and he has admired someone else. We are childhood best friends; I still remember how our mothers used to ship us. But everything changed when he fell in love. I still keep on loving him hopelessly, knowing that I will be broken at the end, and I still am broke. Whenever he comes up to me after his little fight with his girlfriend Eun, I will always be there for his comfort. Till high school for university, he has loved her. He is just three years older than me. Both are perfect for each other. In high school, people used to think that we were perfect for each other because we had been together since childhood, but after he moved to university, I have heard people say that every time Jungkook and Eun fight, people will put the blame on me, seeing me as a hypocrite.

I never complained about anything, even when his girlfriend herself leashed her anger out of me. Once, she was going to slap me but controlled herself when I went to defend him. He really never stood with me in any argument, and I still remember how he always asked me to say sorry to his girlfriend, even if I was right or wrong. Our little hangout was never in his mind; he was always on his dates with his girlfriend. I never knew how we became so distant. We have not literally hung out in the last two months; his messages or chats are all about Eun, what to buy her, where to take her, how to apologize to her, and everything else. He never even asked me about my health. 

Last week, my dad felt terribly ill, We had to take him to the hospital. We got to know that he has Cancer. I was so alone, and my mom was very sad and lonely as well, I waited for Jungkook to show up once, but he did not; rather, he was so busy spending his time with his girlfriend that he did not pay us a single visit. Today we are leaving for Seoul. My cousin has found a better hospital with great facilities for my dad. We are shifting to Seoul because we don't know how long it will take us to stay there. With a last hope, I messaged him again, but again it was ignored. After waiting for him long enough, I went with my mom. I sighed. I knew this was coming; someday we would get separated, but I never knew this way. I am very disappointed of him, he should be there with me it was difficult but he choose to ignore me.

============

its been three months since I moved to Seoul, I transferred to Seoul national University after a lot of struggle with student exchange, but due to my good grades, I was able to pass through it as well. I changed into my nightwear. I was making my bed when I saw my cousin entering the room, He gave me a small smile. I smiled back at him. " How's dad now?" " Better then before?" I know he was lying. I have heard him and Mom talking after dinner, Doctors said that there is no progress in his health and there are chances that he will not be able recover any soon or maybe can die as well, I gave him a tight, convincing smile. ' Going to sleep?" I nodded my head. ' Ok, I will not disturb you more. Bye." he went out of the room, and I got in the duvet, covering my face I started to sob, covering my face with my palm.

I wish there was someone who could comfort me and hug me, a shoulder on which I could lean. I would cry my heart out in his embrace. I wish Jungkook was here with me; thinking of me made me miss him. But is he missing me also? I know he does not. He has Eun with him, but I don't have anyone with me. Actually, I do; I have mom, dad and Seung cheol Oppa as well. I wiped my tears, This is not the time for me to cry but to stay strong for my mom and for my dad, I don't need anyone to comfort me; I need to be brave and face the reality of being alone.