[6]

[SIX]

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

When Taeyong got back to his dorm, he immediately put florescent pink duck tape over his webcam, as Jaehyun suggested — he didn't say specifically what color (of course he didn't), but the smaller couldn't inflict it upon himself to get a bland and ugly color like gray or black.

Despite his camera being blocked, when he averted his eyes back to his PC occasionally he felt scared. It was a fucking machine, and he was terrified of it. He had no idea what the tall box was capable of and what the fuck it could access, and he suddenly wanted nothing to do with it. He almost didn't want Jaehyun to come over tomorrow, because to be frank, he wasn't sure he wanted to know if anything was up. Because if there was something, he would probably be scarred from the internet for life.

He imagined some creepy serial killer with disturbed thoughts having control of the brains of the computer and the eyes of it as well, the PC itself being the brain and the webcam being the vision.

The person could do anything they wanted, maybe even pop shit on the screen like Nana said happened on the book club. They could stare at Taeyong while he slept. They could fry his computer and waste the boy's money on top of student loans he already had to pay off. They could exploit him or post photos of him on illegal sites on the dark web.

And you know what,

that really fucking pissed Taeyong off.

Hopefully that wasn't the case, because one, it'd be traumatic, and two, the boy would probably spend a lot of time trying to track down the hacker and hypothetically beat the shit out of them. That obviously was an irrational thought, but the more he thought about it, the more angry he became.

Taeyong's fingers clawed through his blue hair as he collapsed down on his twin sized bed, glowering at the machine sat across from him. He picked at his fingernails, trying not to overthink about the situation like he promised Jaehyun.

"Fuck it."

Taeyong mumbled to himself, urgently getting off his bed and sitting down on his padded chair, clicking on the green power button on the PC. The huge fan started up, blowing cool air out of the block beside Taeyong's leg and providing white noise in the otherwise silent room. He swung a pillow on top of himself, squeezing the cotton tightly in reassurance.

The cursor moved to Tor and pasted the URL of the book club into the search engine, the familiar hideous website greeting him in all its dark glory. He signed in and as always, was instantly thrown into the chatroom.

blackbandaids joined the chat!

blackbandaids : hey guys...

It took a couple minutes for someone to respond, which was expected since it wasn't their usual one-in-the-morning talk time.

snoopy : hey black :D

blackbandaids : snoopy!! where've you been :<

snoopy : sorry I was busy for awhile :(

snoopy : how are you?

blackbandaids : I'm okay

snoopy : are you sure?

blackbandaids : just some weird things have been going on lately... :/

snoopy : oh no

snoopy is typing...

snoopy is typing...

blackbandaids : ?

xuixuizee joined the chat!