1 | New beginnings

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

"Send him now."

~~~

"Is that the last of the box Jamie?" Reina Sinclaire, my mom said as I brought another box into our new house situated in the small town of Forks.

"Yup," I replied as I set down another box in the living room.

"Thank you, honey," Mom said genuinely before planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Mhm, do you need some help unpacking things in here?" I asked already knowing the answer, mom and I were very similar so her answer was something I could predict.

"No, you can go unpack your things bud, I'll call you if I need anything," Mom replied before getting to work, we had already been here for a few days but it was only today that our things arrived so I knew mom was in a hurry to unpack everything since nobody liked an empty house.

"Okay," Jamie hummed in response before making his upstairs toward his room.

Arriving at my room, I began to unpack everything I had which was easy since he didn't have much but along the way I found myself thinking of the previous place I lived and the friends I had left behind there.

'God I miss Rudy already...' I said to myself thinking of the girl who had been my best friend for the last six years.

To me, Rudy was literally the epitome of a steadfast friend, showing me loyalty and protectiveness with a ton of dedication that I felt was unique to only her and me. It was hard to properly express my feelings for the girl, not because I didn't know the emotions but because the words used to describe them weren't enough; I could, with certainty, say, I would die for Rudy and currently, I was missing the heck out of her.

DING!

The sound of my phone ringing caused me to pause hanging my clothes up in the closet. Walking across my room, I pick up my phone which was lying on my nightstand beside my bed, and see that my mom had texted me.

-----

Ma' Dukes

Ma' Dukes - I'm gonna go get Chinese food. Want anything in particular or just the usual?

You - Nope, the usual is fine.

Ma' Dukes - K honey, I'll be back soon, don't let anyone random inside.

You - Never have, never will. Who even lets random people in their houses???

Ma' Dukes - Stupid fuckers. But you my dear are not a stupid fucker.

Ma' Dukes - Congratulations!

You - Wow, Thanks!

-----

With a smile I sent the last text before setting my phone back down, I loved how me and my mother could talk like this, the sarcasm and jokes we usually had when speaking were something I knew most people couldn't relate to.

Returning to my work, for the next forty or so minutes I continued getting everything in my room situated in just the way I liked it but the sound of his mother calling me forced me to stop for now.

"Jamie! It's Dinners here!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted back before heading downstairs.