A horrific downfall - Chapter 4: Bonding through Trauma

*at the hospital*

 Grey and Tamara arrive at the hospital when Grey asks her one more question "Hey, are you sure about this? Are you sure that you want to see her like that?". "Yeah, i owe her to be here for her after all of the things she has done for me." Tamara said while trying to bring herself into the required mood. "Ok then. Let's go." Grey said while he was opening the car door and exiting the car with Tamara next to him. After entering the hospital Grey walks up to the nurse at the counter. "Hey, i am back. Do you know anything new about Lucy Chen or Timothy Bradford?" Grey asks the nurse. "No, sorry i don't but Mister Bradford just went to the restroom and should be back in his room now. But who is this young lady behind you?" The nurse asks them. "It's Tamara, Miss Chens roommate." Grey says. "Nice to meet you Tamara. I am Miss Smith and i am taking care of your friend Lucy." The nurse says while greeting Tamara. Tamara, who was still worried about the whole situation just let out a gentle smile and signaled Grey that she wants to see Lucy now. Grey who understood the signals said bye to the nurse and guided Tamara through the hallway to the room of Lucy and Tim. Right infront of the room, Grey stopped again and asked her again "Are you really sure about this?" because he was worried about her. "Yeah." Tamara said almost annoyed. "Ok." Grey said while he was knocking at the door. "Hey, Tim. It's me Wade. I got Tamara with me. Can we come in?" Grey shouts through the door. "Yeah, but can Tamara stay outside for a second, please?" Tim shouts back because he was worried about herreaction to Lucy. "Yeah, sure". He yelled back and continued to whisper to Tamara " Can you please stay outside for a second, ok? I just need to talk to Tim about something" as he knew that Tim didn't want her to see him and Lucy like that. Tamara nodds and made her way to one of the chairs in the hallway next to the room. "So, i am coming in now. Alone." Grey says as he was opening the door. "So, how is she?" Tim asks Grey with a worried and tired voice. "Not, good. Her best friend and roommate is in a coma and Chris..." Grey said as he got intervened by Tim "What about Chris?" Tim asked as he was curious to know what is going on with him. "When Nolan and Harper went back into Lucys apartment, to secure the crime scene. They stumbled over Lucys TV-remote with a note on it written in blood. The note told them to turn on the TV. The TV was already on, because Lucy has seen the note too, with a paused video on it. Nolan then continued to play the video and they saw how Rosalind murdered Chris." Grey answered Tim as he saw a tear running down his face. "Oh my god." Tim says as he was trying not to choke on his own words. "Are you sure that Lucy saw it? Does Tamara know?"Tim says muffled as his head was between his hands trying to hide his emotions. "Yes, and yes. Lucy was the only person in that apartment besides Rosalind and i had to tell Tamara. But Tamara and I have to talk to you about something different. I'll go and get hernow okay? Grey says. "Yeah, sure." Tim replies as he was wiping away his tears and setting up a straight face. Grey walks out of the room and is looking for Tamara until he saw her on a chair down the hallway. "Hey, Tamara. It's time. Are you ready?" He says in a gentle andsoft voice. "Yeah." She almost whispers and was following Grey into the room.

*in the hospital room*

 Grey walks into the room with Tamara right behind him. As Lucy was at the left side of the room, Tamara didn't see her immediately. She only saw Tim sitting down in a chair with tears rolling down his face. "Tim?" she asks softly. "How are you feeling?" she added. "I am fine, but, but Lucy..." Tim responded as Tamara turned to the left seeing Lucy lieing in her hospital bed, connected to all these tubes and machines. "Oh, oh my god" She thought while her body froze as a sort of protection mechanism against stess. She just couldn't stand the view of Lucy like that. She dropped down to the floor crying and sobbing. All of this reminded her about the accident of her parents, the car crash, them in the hospital, the life on the streets, everything she had buried deep in her mind. All of it came back into her conscious mind. The rush of emotions and adrenaline, triggered some sort of panic attack. Tim who instantly knew what to do, because it was similiar to his panic attacks back in the day, walked towards Tamara. He got down to the ground, so he was sat down next to her. "Hey, Tamara. It's me Tim." He whispered to not scare her. "Hey..." Tim repeated but Tamara wasn't responding as she was starting to breathe heavily. "Hey, come here." Tim said as he was pulling Tamara close to him. "Hey everything is okay, you are safe here" he said again while stroking her back and putting her head onto his chest, so she could hear his heartbeat. "Wade, do you have any tissues?" Tim whispered because he saw that Tamara has tears streaming down her face. "Yeah, wait." Grey said while he was pulling 1 out of his pockets and handed it over to Tim. While he was wiping away her tears, he again tried to calm her down as she was still not ok "Hey, Tamara look at me. Okay. Everything is fine. I don't know what triggered this, but i know how this feels like okay? Just follow my breathing and you will be fine." The provided comfort by Tim slowly calmed Tamara down. Her breathing normalized again as she started to muffle "Tim, thank you for everything. I would most likely be dead by now if i wouldn't have met you and Lucy." while raising her head to look at him. "Hey, it's fine ok? You don't have to thank me for anything." Tim said as he was pulling her in for a hug again. They just sat there hugging for minutes after minutes until Tamara fell asleep. Tim saw it and just looked at Grey with a smile and a tear rolling down his face. "Is she asleep?" Grey whispered and Tim just nodded. "Yeah then let's get her into that hospital bed" Grey continued as Tim put 1 arm under Tamaras back and the other 1 under her legs to pick her up. He stood up with Tamara in his arms and put her onto the 2nd hospital bed. He pulled the blanket over her and let out a silent "Everything will be okay, Tam" as he backed off from the hospital bed walking towards Grey. As Tim reached Grey he just whispered "Let us get out of here okay?" and they both walked out of the room leaving the door open so Tamara could see Tim in case she woke up. "I didn't know that you are so good with children?" Grey says jokingly. "Normally, i would have had children by now with Isabel. But yeah. You know how this story ends." Tim answers and continues with "So, what did you and Tamara want to ask me?" "So, yeah about that. I really think that Tamara should ask you this by herself okay? I don't think that i have the rights to ask you that, especially after her back story." Grey said. "Oh, so should i wake her up now?" Tim asks worried. "No, just let her sleep for now. I am gonna go back to the station. You can stay here." Grey says as he was slowly making his way down the hallway. "Okay." Tim almost shouts into the direction in which Grey is heading before he heads back into the hospital room. 

*about half an hour has passed*

 Tim just spent the last 30 minutes sitting on the chair, between the 2 hospital beds, thinking about how much he cares for both of them.Until he brought up enough courage to speak to Lucy again. As he started to speak to her Tamara woke up but kept her eyes shut. "Hey Lucy. I know that you probably can't hear me, but i need to talk to somebody right now. We told Tamara everything you know. In factshe is sleeping right next to you right now. She really wanted to see you after everything that had happened, but she didn't take it really well. She had a panic attack. I managed to calm her down but it hurt to see her like that. It really reminded me of how i wanted to have kids by now and that i really care about her. Even tho she isn't my daughter i feel like that i am responsible to her, as a father. She neverhad her parents on her side growing up. She got tossed around like a toy and ended up on the streets. I can't even imagine the crueltysshe has been through. But this all came to an end when you started to care about her. She told me that we are the reason that she is still alive Lucy. Can you imagine that? But no, from now on, i will be there for her as a father." Tim said as a long monologue. In the meantime Tamara was already sitting up in the hospital bed watching and listening to Tim talking to Lucy about her. Without thinking about what to do, she stood up and was silently walking towards Tim until she was almost in the reach for a hug. Tim just sat there holding Lucys hand thinking about what he just said when he heard a silent and tired "Tim" from behind. He turned his head just to see atired Tamara standing behind him. "Have you heard everything?" he asked her. Tamara just nodded as she was scooting close to Tim hug him. "Hey, everything will be okay now. Understood? You are not alone anymore. You got a Family now." Tim says to Tamara as she was trying to bury her head in Tims chest. "No need to be worried anymore, Tam. I want you to know something, but i think you already do know it. When Lucy first stepped into the station and i became her TO, i needed to show her how hard the world could be. I needed to show her that not everyone is a friend out there. But over the time, I saw how much it actually helped her, how much she could benefit from this. Until.... Until her abduction. Something in her knew that it didn't feel right to go out with Caleb, but i pushed her towards him. I am a god damn cop and i didn't sense anything standing an inch away from this guy. After that i couldn't look at her the same. The stuff she has been through is every women's nightmare and i couldn't be hard on her anymore. I now needed to show her that there is still hope in humanity, that her DOD tattoo doesn't mark her day of death. It marks the first day of her new life. I started to feel her spark again until, until Jackson's death and Angela's abduction. It was the same all over again, but this time i was there for her. I let her stay at my house and on that day, I think we almost kissed for the first time. It just felt right to be with here. We spent so much time at work together, that I felt like I had feelings for her. I tried to suppress those feelings, but when we were on that UC Operation in Vegas... I couldn't let it slide. I needed to talk to her about this when we came back to LA, but when it was time to do so... i couldn't i rejected her outside of her apartment. The same apartment Rosalind set up a trap in. The same apartment she was found with a shot wound in the head an hour later. I couldn't tell her how i was feeling about her, you know? And thats why we need to stay strong for her. We need her to pull through so that we can all be a family in the future." Tim said before he looked down to see Tamara smiling at him. "Everytime, i saw you both together, i thought that you are destined to be together. She just looks to be so happy around you. Even if she is only talking about you. And Tim? The thing with Caleb and now this isn't your fault ok? I know that you are blaming yourself for both. You couldn't have done anything different, ok. Don't let anyone else tell you something different. Nobody could have sensed something like this. If you ever need somebody to talk to, doesn't matter about what, you know that Lucy and I are here for you, okay? Tamara explained to Tim before she looked down again to bury her head again. "Yeah , i know. Thank you" Tim almost whispers as he saw that Tamara fell asleep again. He just smiled and continued to stroke her back to comfort her.