TWO : FEAST

░░░░░░RAYNE

░░░░░░
RAYNE

"Rayneeee! You're here!" My eyes moved to see Nemesis running in my direction and embracing me, which I returned with a tap on her back. "I didn't see you during the ceremony." She continued pouting, which made me bow and apologize.

"I was on a mission during your ceremony and just came back to bring [your name] to Mr. Wahlberg for her enrollment." I explained my absence to her, which made her smile upon hearing her sister's enrollment.

"Did she get in?" She questioned me, and I responded with a nod. A moment later, [your name] showed up with her formal attire, and her hair was tied up, making her comfortable. "Yes." I answered shortly as I got near her sister.

"Neme, dinner's ready." Orter called and saw me. "Oh, hi there, Rayne." He greeted me, which I acknowledged with a nod before returning my attention to [your name]. "You still mad at him?" She asked with a glint of laughter in her voice.

"Yeah." I answered directly as I reached her hand intertwining our fingers and followed the newlywed couple. Upon reaching the glamorous banquet, we are greeted by a few people. Their eyes were settled on me, which made me uncomfortable, but [your name] tugged on my cloak, which made me look at her.

"You okay?" She whispered that I responded with a nod. We are seated on an empty chair; [your name] is beside her sister, and I'm beside her. "Your little sister really looks lovely." An elderly woman praises [your name] at Nemesis, who laughs proudly.

"Of course!" She said, proudly nudging [your name], who seemed annoyed. "And this boy could be her lover." The other woman with glasses pointed at me, which I ignored.

"He doesn't seem to come from a named family. Tell me, boy, what's your name?" The woman questioned me, which I was about to answer, but [your name] interrupted. "Let's eat." She announced, leaving the woman's mouth hanging open. The ambiance of the banquet became heavy because of [your name]'s reaction.

"Ah, right! Let's dig in and enjoy." Nemesis continued trying to lighten up the mood, but it doesn't seem to be working. "My grandson is still not here." The old woman again interrupted, but our eyes went to the door when it opened, revealing the boy who'd been with [your name] a while ago.

"Oh, here's my grandson, Charles Contini." She introduced the man who just arrived, and his eyes automatically landed on [your name]. "Sorry, I'm late." He apologizes as he makes his way beside his grandmother and occupies the chair there opposite to [your name], who's unfazed.

"Hi, we meet again." Charles tried to converse with [your name], who lost her mood just a couple of minutes ago. "Yeah." She responded bored as she settled her eyes on me before reaching the food on the table and started eating, not minding everyone's reaction.

"Nemesis, I didn't know your sister was this amusing." The woman beside Charles broke the silence as her eyes were settled on [your name] unbothered demeanor. "Ah yes! Aunt Rida." Nemesis responded.

"Charles, what do you think of [your name]?" This woman named Rida asked her grandson, who gazed at the woman beside me, who was starting to get pissed by the scenario. "She's interesting." Charles shortly answered, continuing to eat his food, which was acknowledged by his grandma.

"How about you enroll your sister at Walkis, Nemesis? Since Madrigal Academy is no longer running." Rida questioned, which made me clench in the cutlery that I was holding. "That I can't be deciding. My sister is old enough to make choices for herself." Nemesis answered, glancing at [your name] before smiling a little.

"So she chose to be with some lowlife?" Rida commented, side-eyeing my direction. "That's enough, Auntie." Orter inserted himself, but it was too late. The table was slammed hard by none other than [your name], who was totally pissed based on her expression.

Her darkened expression made everyone silent. She got up from her seat, causing the chair to make a scratching sound on the floor, as it was the only thing audible at the moment. "Thanks for the wonderful feast, Neme." Her voice was cold and chilling as her eyes were fixed on Rida, who had been commenting about my social status.

"And next time you'll set foot in here and comment on someone else's life? I'll make sure to seal your mouth permanently, Rida, or, I might say, Aunt Rida?" [Your name] declares, which shook everyone and made Orter chuckle. I was surprised by her action, but I didn't have time to take everything when she pulled to get up. We exited the banquet and made our way to her room, whose door she slammed hard.

She angrily piled her things on the bed, which made me smile as I slowly went beside her and pulled her for a hug to calm her down. "You don't have to do that." I whispered, which made her more furious as she pushed me away. "So what? Allow that old hag to say those words to define you." She questioned. Anger tinged in her voice, which made me shake my head.

"It's not about that." I calmly answered, which she ignored and continued packing her things up. "Yeah, whatever!" She spat, which made me sighed, and I decided to help her pack her stuff. Once we were finished, we exited her room with her belongings that she was bringing to Easton.

Near the exit to their mansion were Orter and Nemesis. Nemesis went to embrace her sister. "Come visit anytime, okay?" She reminded [your name], who just nodded. She walked over to her and looked over her shoulder when she heard familiar voices from behind. In there were Rida and her grandson; [your name] gazed at them with a threat before looking to Orter.

Orter tapped her shoulder, and she exited the house, and I followed. Once we're outside, I use a transportation spell to bring us back to the academy. Once we're inside the academy, I bring her to my room in the Divine Visionary and have her stay over the night, for I still have to look for her room.

"Are you okay with staying here just for tonight? I have to prepare a room for you tomorrow." I told her, which she answered with a nod, and she made her way to the sofa and lay down there. I smiled and went near her. I sat on the floor and stared at her.

"What are your thoughts?" I questioned her, which made her meet my eyes and start to think. "Changing people's perspectives about life." She answered absentmindedly, which made me laugh and flick her forehead.

"You changed mine." I told her, almost whispering, which made her smile. I got up from sitting on the floor and dusted myself off before making my way to the exit. "Have a goodnight, [your name]." I uttered, which she returned. Hesitant to leave her alone, I can't stay with her in the room, for it could freak her out.

 Hesitant to leave her alone, I can't stay with her in the room, for it could freak her out

░░░░░░
END OF CHAPTER