Chapter - 7

Past

Author POV:

One fine evening, Arun and Arjun went to their cricket ground. Arjun was in one team, and Arun was opposite.  They were playing and grinning at each other.

On the other side of the road, two cute little kids were talking to each other. Sri and Naina decided that they would go to the cricket ground where Arun and Arjun were playing. After the match, they wanted to talk to their brothers and resolve their issues.

" Naina , I think you should rest at home . Already you are suffering from fever and now you want to solve the problem" Sri concerned on Naina's health .
" No problem sri just normal fever , you can see right I m fine and still " as she completed her words she felt dizzy and stumbled her steps .

" See I told you , you are not feeling well let's go , come "
" No , let me go please, i promise I will tell you when I will feel worse , then we can head back home "
" You have to promise me "
" Yes I promise"

Naina and Sri both headed towards the ground and saw their brothers playing the match in opposite teams.

On the other hand , on the ground. It was a firey match in the mid afternoon. Both the teams wanted to win and it was second innings of the match .

Arjun's teams was batting and they need to score 95 runs in 10 overs . Initially they thought they would win but Arun's team bowling was making it difficult to win .

Everyone was getting out and then it was the last over . They needed 15 runs in 5 balls to win .  Then Arjun came to bat . Everyone was hoping Arjun would definitely score good and they would win the match .

In the 2 balls Arjun scored  8 runs and everyone was celebrating his runs .

Seeing their celebration Arun got pissed of and ran towards the bowler.
" What the hell are you doing Niteesh , he is hitting non stop do something. "

" I can't Arun , my hand got twisted while bowling and I m feeling difficulty in bowling"

Then they discussed and Arun came to the pitch to bowl .

Now it was an eye to eye argument between Arjun and Arun . Everyone present there can see the anger on eachother.

This made both Naina and Sri tense .

Then Arjun decided he wont let his team to loose . Arun came running and throws the bowl which Arjun hit a big six.

But here the ball was flying in the sky towards the place where Naina and Sri were standing.

Arun from the far shouted at them " Naina sri move from there " but it was too short to register what was happening and the ball came and hit Naina on the head .

This made Naina fall on the ground and her head hit a rock and her head started to bleed.

Seeing this, Arun rushed to Naina, who was unconsciously lying on the ground .

"Naina , wake up, open your eyes. Please Naina " shouted Arun at Naina who was in no state to respond.

Arjun also went near Naina to check her, but a hand stopped him.

"Because of you, Naina is injured. Don't come near her. Go away." Arun pushed Arjun away and made him fall on the ground.

"What did I do? I just hit the ball. I didn't know this would happen." he said while worrying about her.

"You—" Arun was going to fight with him but Sri's words made him hault at his steps .

"Stop it, Arun. Take Naina home fast."