Chapter - 8

Past :

Author's POV :

At Dixit's house one week later

Naina was discharged from hospital. The wound was now settled but still she suffers light headaches when she takes stress .

When Veerendra consulted doctor he told this might take some time to become normal .

Veerendra was now fed off both Arun and Arjun. If they both come face to face , they will start fighting. Initially the parents thought these fights will be solved but now it doesn't seem so .

When Veerendra was thinking about these things Raghuram and Sumithra along with Arjun came to the Dixit's to see Naina.

" Veer , what are you thinking?" Asked Raghu who saw the tension on Veer's face.
" I was thinking about Arjun and Arun "
" Bhaiya , I  understand that  you want to solve their issue but I think we need to give some time "
Arjun was standing there silently feeling the guilt .

" Arjun beta , why are you standing there alone go and talk with Naina , she is feeling bored from morning . Arun is also at his friend's house" said Meena .
" Ok aunty" He said and went towards her room .

Arjun was happy as he was going to meet her after a week .

He knocked on the door of the room but he was afraid how will he face her .

" Come in "

He opened the door only to see Naina laying on the bed , her head hanging off the bed and a book in her hand .

" Naina what are you doing, you might get hurt" he went running towards her and held her head.
" Relax Arjun, i won't" she laughed seeing his actions.

He made her sit on the bed and sat near her.

" Naina how are you?"
" I am completely fine Arjun " she said giving a smile .
" I m sorry Naina , I still carry the guilt , i- "
" Shut up Arjun, how many times will you say the same thing and how many times I have to repeat myself"
" But I still feel i m the reason for your situation " he said and his face was evident about how sorry he was feeling.

" Arjun , listen to me , you can never think anything wrong about me and I have the faith in you"
" How do you have faith in me ?"
" I don't know but I can feel safe when I m with you, when I am around you i can be myself and moreover I will the happiest person around you "

It was a pleasant silent after the words exchange, both just staring and smiling at eachother.

" Oh Naina wait I forgot something "
He got off the bed and started to check his pockets.

" What are you searching for ?" She asked
Then he took one bracelet from his pocket . It was a silver bracelet with a heart locket on it.

He took her hand and made her wear the bracelet.

" Wow Arjun this is so beautiful, when did you buy this and where. ?"
" When I was visiting you hospital , i thought I would give you this and apologize but I couldn't give you on that day so i thought to give you today" he said .