Home

Cherry, a girl who's academically competent. She have this iconic long curly hair that emphasizes her strong aura. Cat-eyes that makes her look more stronger and empowered. She is not that typical girl who you can make to shut her mouth. She will talk and talk and talk till she makes you agree with her point.

For some she's so noisy! She's that kind of girl whose voice is echoing in busy hallways. She's that girl that you would see running in the pavements while laughing her ass out. Muka syang sabog, literal yung tipong, parang naka singhot ng katol magdamag but it doesn't make her anyless. In facf, these traits made her look more beautiful and empowered. And I love her for that.

But one thing I found out weird about her is that her hobby of going school sometimes a few hours ahead of class hour and staying at school for several hour after the school classes end. At first, i thought its just her trip...or so I thought?

I decided to follow her. I decided to go to school earlier than usual to see what she's doing whenever shes going to school so early. And what I found out is quiet typical of her. Reviewing some notes and practicing for our upcoming debate later. Debate that she always wins.

"Isn't it better that we are going to fight for our territory? West Philippine Sea is part of our exclusive economic zone and is awarded by the UNCLOS. And when we say fight for it is, fight the way how they wanted us to fight."

I cant help but to admire how she sounds so calm and confident while stating her claim. But something is off. I can feel it from her.

"but, isn't it would only resort to violence? Or in worst case scenario, a war? Let's accept it. We have no yet enough mechanism to face China's menace."

I decided to interupt her. Afterall, this is the very first time I had a close encounter with her. She looked taken aback but then regained her composure and smirked toward my direction... If only I knew this was the last then I should have embraced you and tell you how much you motivate me, Cherry.

A day after our small debate, we had a performance task in our 21st Century Literature subject where we have to search for a poem that reflects our feelings as part of our lesson. And, when it's Cherry's turn to speak I was taken aback. She recited Edge by Sylvia Plath.

And now I am standing infront of a marmol floor where Cherry Saoirse was engraved.

"May I ask? Why are you early? I mean, well...maybe you're just you know?"
She stared blankly ahead.

"I dont like being in our house?"
Cherrt shrugged and let a soft giggle. But I know it's not because she's happy.

"but, why? Home is the safest place you can ever be."

"House is different from home."
She said looking back at me. And for some reason, even she's smiling wide I can feel her facade slowly falling out of her face.

"I love being at school for it is the only place where I can defend my self."

"And soon, We... I have to leave this place."