Leaves

"What do you want to be?"

"I want to be a tree. "

"A tree?"

"You know? That tree that will live and die to that very place where it rooted. I want to cling to that rock. Forever!"

"Then I'll be that rock for you! Will you be with me forever too?"

            I clenched the mug tighter hoping that the warmth from the hot chocolate in it will warm my trembling hands.

"So what now? You will not say anything?"
I looked up to him. His lashes shaken by the tears slowly forming under it. I gulped so many times.

"What's happening?"
I chocked out. He looked taken aback. His mouth open but no word came out from it and I understand. I have to, afterall.
I blinked as I lowered my gaze.

"You have no right to cut my wings. To stop my buds from growing. "
Tears suddenly dropped on my hands. One after one till I lost count of how much tears I've spent for this man.

"I'm not stopping you from flying. "
He breathed helplessly.

"Then what is it? "

"I am your rock remember? Then why does it feel like youre no longer my tree? I- I just want to be part of. I just want to be with you. "

"But not at the expense of our dreams and growth. "

"Is this-"

"Good bye. " I cut him off.

           Air rushed through my face that I had to close my eyes tight. I felt the coldness, beneath my hand  is the empty piece of mug. I sighed as I watch people cutting off an old acacia tree behind our house.

Tree where it's roots coiled on a huge chunk of rock. For some, the tree seems to cling on the rock for it to grow. But some also say that the rock holds on the tree for it believes that holding to that tree is it's purpose.

They became part of each other for a long time. But, time will come where they will have to go on diffent path.