Chapter 3

Sarawat couldn't believe that Mil, of all people, was getting close to Tine. The cute new guy with the sparkling eyes and the infectious laugh. And it seemed like it was working too. The pair were practically inseparable between classes. "I won't let him win" Sarawat muttered to himself, his voice dripping with venom. 

First listened intently as Sarawat laid out his plan, a slow smile spreading across his face. "That's brilliant, man," he chuckled. "We'll make sure Mil becomes the laughingstock of the school. Tine will never want to be seen with him again."

The next day, at lunchtime, Sarawat's eyes darted around the cafeteria, searching for his target. There he was, Tine, walking towards him with his shirt slung over his shoulder.

"Hey, Sarawat," Tine greeted him, his smile as bright as the sun. "Here's your shirt."

Sarawat took the shirt, his fingers brushing against Tine's. A jolt of electricity shot through him, making his heart skip a beat. He quickly forced himself to focus.

"Thanks," he mumbled, avoiding Tine's gaze. "Sooo,  uhhh I-I'm having a party tonight. You and Khao should come."

Tine's eyes lit up. "Really? That's awesome!"

"It's gonna be great," Sarawat assured him, his voice dripping with false enthusiasm. "Lots of people, lots of fun."

Little did Tine know, the fun Sarawat had planned was entirely at Mil's expense. The party was about to begin, and the stage was set for a night of humiliation.

____________________________________________

The party was in full swing, music blaring and lights flashing. Tine, Khao, and Mil stood near a table laden with snacks, talking and laughing.

Sarawat watched them from across the room, his face contorted with a mix of jealousy and frustration. Tine looked even more attractive under the disco lights, his laughter a melody to Sarawat's ears.

He tried to strike up a conversation with Tine but ended up tripping over his words and making a fool of himself. His attempts to keep Tine and Mil apart were equally clumsy and unsuccessful.

"Tine, why don't you go get some coke?" he suggested, trying to subtly steer Tine away from Mil.

"Actually," Mil chimed in, "I was just going to get some. Come with me?"

Tine smiled at him, and they walked off together, leaving Sarawat fuming.

After a few minutes when Sarawat saw Tine alone near the couch, he marched over to Tine, a scowl etched onto his handsome features. He stopped in front of him, hands on his hips, and glared down at the smaller boy.

"Why are you hanging out with Mil?" Sarawat demanded, his voice laced with an underlying anger that Tine couldn't understand.

Tine blinked, taken aback by the sudden confrontation. "Mil's my friend. Why shouldn't I hang out with him?" he asked, genuinely confused.

Sarawat scoffed. "He's not someone you want to be involved with, trust me," he said, his eyes narrowing.

"Why not?" Tine pressed, feeling a growing irritation at Sarawat's cryptic words and condescending tone.

"Just stay away from him, okay?" Sarawat said, his voice hardening.

"No. You can't tell me who I can and can't be friends with," Tine shot back, a spark of defiance igniting within him.

Sarawat's scowl deepened. He leaned in close, his face inches from Tine's. "I'm telling you for your own good," he hissed, his voice low and threatening.