36

A month after.// February

Well, it's safe for us to say that they died. Yes, we have accepted well, not really cause Renae still calls his phone, but gets the same result each time, I do check my phone to see if he responds or at least reads it.

I have learned how to control my emotions since lately, I cried less, and it is like I became numb, I visited my mom, and she became my second therapy.

I'm going to visit her again today and bring her some flowers.

And guh tek out yuh man problem pon ih poor oman.

At least she is listening.

Murdaaaaaa

My mom has been in a coma for a month now, and I have learned to live without her presence at home.

I'm focused on my school work. Well, not entirely. My mind does run on a few things, and I get distracted for a long time.

Reaching the hospital, I entered the building, and nurse Juliette led me to my mother's room.

She left us shortly, and I did my normal routine with cleaning her room even though I knew it was clean, but I just wanted to be extra.

I changed the flowers and placed the freshly ones I picked because mi nah waste nuh money pon no plastic flowers a wah dis?

Kmt....

Anyways, after doing that, I sat down on the chair that was next to her bed and began talking.

"Mommy, mi say, mi almost done one a mi sba, it a stress mi," I sigh, "Mi feel feh lick dung dem teacha yah yuh see mommy, just stressing and annoying so, buuuutttt, I'm doing good in school, oh yea mi wah ask yuh, mi see summo inna yuh room, wah slippaz, mi try it on and guess what?.... it fit mi, well nuh really fit mi fit mi, but it can gwaan so mi a borrow it inna the mean time yer." I said.

"...mommy mia try eno, mia try hard fr, and mnk if mi can do it," I say while pulling the chair closer to her bed and resting my head on her stomach, "It just hard, everything ago wrong, first you now daniel, and then school work, mnk mommy, mi did promise say mi neva did ago love again but him, mi wah know if him a the one?" I asked.

"...when yah guh get up?" I asked another question. As I feel the tears coming, I bite down hard on my lips, trying to keep calm and steady.

"Mi miss yuh," I whispered as tears fell from my eye.

I held her hands, squeezing it, and cried softly.

"It's draining, mommy," I whimpered.

"Mi....mi-mi-mi-mi....mi caah tek it nuh more mommy," I sobbed uncontrollably.

As I cried with my eyes closed, I drifted off to sleep.

Someone tap my shoulder, and it was nurse Juliette. She had a smile on her face and said my time was up, I looked at my mom, who was laying peacefully on the bed.

As nurse Juliette comforted me, she rubbed my shoulder and gave me a tight squeeze.

Walking to the exit, I found that my brother was already outside waiting for me.

As I walked up to him with my mind far out, he spoke in a lady like tone, "Are you lost, sweetie?"

"Chro, move nuh," I hissed playfully before opening the back door, getting in as his oman is in the front cause every weh Rushawn deh Chops deh.

Dem mus deh tpc.

He started the car and drove off in the next minute.

The car ride was noisy as they played music and talked about stuff I seriously wasn't interested in.