11❣️

Punn sank down to the floor, with his leaning behind the door as horrid memories of his childhood came flooding his head.

The lonely days when as a kid, he was at the orphanage. He spent his entire childhood moving form one adoptive home to the other. He was neglected all through his preteen years and the last family will always scold him for the littlest thing he did wrong even if he was still a kid. Their angry voices left a dent in his head, that he felt extreme anxiety when someone yelled at him for any slight mistake.

He yearned to be the perfect child so he could please his adoptive parents, but for some reasons he was never good enough. It turned him to a people pleaser just to validate his existence, stepping on eggshells so as not to trigger people's bad side.

His adoptive parents blamed him for killing his parents even if they had died in a terrible motor accident. Punn gor to understand that it was a drink driver who smashed his car right into his parent's car, crushing them in the process.

He was always reminded by people around him that it was fault bis parents died. If he had been a good child he would have brought good fortune to his parents.

But no.

Punn continued to sob silently. He didn't know what exactly triggered the memories but he felt he'd been holding on and acting too strong for so long.

Maybe it was something Ramil said. Heck he didn't know anymore.

He banged on the slightly on the door. "Punn open the door. Let's talk about it."

"I'm fine Ramil." Punn said amidst sobs.

"No you're not."

"I'm okay. Just go away." Punn yelled out defensively.

Ramil sighed. He didn't want to deal with this adult boy tantrums.
"This is my home, I have my ways of getting to you, you know that."

Punn inhaled and wiped tears from his eyes. Ramil just reminded him he was a vampire. But he wanted to be alone. His emotions was all over the place now and he could barely think straight.

He got to his feet and walked to the window. It was open. Pulling the curtain, he slid the windows shut only to feel a whooshing sound of wind past him. The hairs on his neck stood at alert as he turned to see Ramil standing darkly, in the center of the room.

Punn jerked back for a second, he rubbed his forehead and moved away from the window.

"How did you -"

"What is going on Punn?" Ramil's eyes was dark and serious.

Punn quickly wiped his eyes. "Nothing."

Ramil's eyes remained glued on Punn. "You can't tell me nothing when you acted strangely few minutes ago."

Phnn turned his back at him. "Um..."

Ramil covered the distance between them and placed his right hand on Punn's shoulder but the boy shivered in fear.

"Punn... It's okay If you don't want to talk about it. But I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"I..."

"Do you think I want to hurt you?"

Punn slowly nodded. "I'm scared."

"What the hell? Me? Wait are you scared of me?"

Punn nodded again.

"Do I look that scary?"

"You're a vampire," Punn swallowed again. "I need to be alone..."

"I came to see you and make sure you're okay."

"Why?"

"Because I want to."

"No it's because you want me for your selfish ritual. And I'm so stupid to fall for your charms."

Ramil extended his left hand and slightly grazed the boy's forehead, moving strands of hair away from his eyes.

"Look, I don't know whatever wind blew you to my castle. I was stuck, in a century old curse. Your touch literally saved me. You're special Punn."

"Just special?" Punn stared at Ramil waiting for a reassuring response.

"Special to me."

"And?"

"And I don't want you to feel bad. I owe you my life somehow." Ramil extended his hand towards Punn's cheek and wiped the tears streaming down his eyes. "Don't cry."

A knock on the door brought them back to the present. "Dinner is ready." Jet announced from behind the door.

"Coming." Ramil said aloud to Jet's hearing. He returned his gaze back to Punn. "You need to eat something and stop creating false events in your head. Do you understand?"

"I understand," Punn nodded.

They both left the room, and Ramil led Punn to the dining table where dinner of green curry, skewered pork, vegetables and mango juice was served. As Punn ate hungrily, Ramil and Jet stood by the corner and watched him.

"Is he okay?" Jet asked, with worry on his face.

"Yes. He just feels a bit overwhelmed."

"Is the hypnosis wearing out?"

Ramil looked at Jet, surprised. "I didn't hypnotize him. He's been here of his own free will."

"What?"

"Yeah... I'm surprised too. Maybe after the ritual he might decide to leave." Ramil sighed. "And where is Ciar?"

"I knocked on his room door to alert him for dinner and there was no response."

Ramil didn't wait for Jet to finish his sentence. He jogged up the stairs, took a left turn towards a huge door. He forced it open. "Ciar?" He called. An empty room echoed back at him. He walked to the hibernating coffin. He opened it and found it empty.

A wave of uncertainty drenched Ramil's face.

"He's gone."

"Why? He shouldn't be out by this time?"

"We need to find him before he hurts himself and someone else." Ramil said as he stormed out of the room.