Chapter 44

PC; weheartit // @warm_me_up

A few respites fanned my dormant face, and as soon as I dared to peel an eyelid open, a sticky substance spewed on me, stinging my half-awake eyes and staining my cheeks and bed sheets. "Argh, what the fuck?" I growled, sitting upright promptly, my arms furiously wiping the mixture off my face.

My ears were definitely not obstructed, as I heard the uproar of laughter permeating my room. Being half-asleep, I couldn't seem to recognise the two distinct feminine chortles, but I would know that masculine laugh from anywhere.

Ned Morgans.

Once most of the element was off my face and smothered evenly between my two hands, my eyes darted around the room in order to accustom with my surroundings. The first thing I noticed was the bed I was seated upon. My bed. It was drenched with the barely-solid mixture that resembled the colour of dog shit.

The next thing my eyes fell upon was the novel to my left. It had coloured post-it notes hanging off the sides, each label having small cursive handwriting that I immediately recognised was mine. After a short period of time, I could effortlessly decipher what my current circumstance was. I had been attempting to reread and refer back to my English novel in order to complete yet another essay.

But unfortunately, the book lacked the mystery and romance that I normally looked for in a light read, and that was the prime cause to my falling asleep. My inquisitive eyes then gazed at Ned and the two other females which I identified to be Charlie and Addison, their heads rocked back in laughter and their arms clutching onto their stomachs.

I gradually realised that they had purposely spilt a cup of whatever was blended in the substance on me, and my reactions were obviously quite amusing. I mean, I would join in with the laughter too, if I had known what was going on.

"Ned, Charlie, Addison? What are you guys doing here?"

"She's forgotten!" Charlie gasped, releasing her fingers off the cup to conceal her mouth in disbelief. "Says the one who can't stop babbling on about how he's her religion." Ned commented under his breath, but yet again, I had heard. He glanced at my face for a second, and erupted into a laughing fit again. It was going to be quite a struggle to receive answers from this trio.

"It's the Ed Sheeran tour 2015!" Addison practically shrieked, enthusiasm and zest evident in her shrilled voice, as I protruded my eyes. What? It couldn't possibly be almost two months since Charlie had disclosed the news that I would be attending Ed Sheeran's concert.

I shook my head repetitively whilst pinching the skin on my forearm. I refused to believe it! Just moments ago, I had confined myself in my bedroom and forced my brain to intently function, absorbing information from a book and transferring that knowledge into a written piece. But now, I could neglect that for just another day, as I was appearing at a live concert in, if my groggy calculations were correct, almost two hours and a half.

"Just get your face washed and we'll organise your outfit and makeup for the night." Charlie pledged, before Ned jutted his upper lip, followed by a complaint, "Do I even get a say in this?" Charlie and Addison shook their heads in unison, visually indicating a negative response before he established, "Fine. I'm heading off to the bathroom with Bones, and I'll be explaining everything."

He tugged on my arm to escort me to the bathroom I knew all too well, as I didn't hesitate to follow his lead. I needed to know what was in that substance, and why I was completely oblivious of the fact that we had guests. And by we, I meant I, because every footstep reverberated throughout the entire double-storey building, alluding that Mum and Patricia had probably gone out before I had fallen into a deep slumber.