Chapter 45

PC; weheartit // @the_legendary

"Wait! Bon-Bon!"

A shrilled, but weakened voice puffed, as the figure ceased our movements into entering Charlie's vehicle. I opened my arms, and Candy surged into them, her head nestled into the oversized tee I had draped on for the night. The hair ties fixating her thin hair into two pigtails were gradually slipping off, as she had obviously sprinted from her house to mine.

"Candice, go back home." Charlie grumbled, her eyes glancing at the device in her hand for a second, alluding that we were misusing our time to be punctual at the arena Ed Sheeran was performing at. "Ew, don't ever call me that again!" Candy teased, before reporting, "Mum said that you have to take me to see Ed too."

She squirmed out of our reunited embrace to pout her lips, protrude her chestnut-brown eyes, and to fold her arms in front of her chest. "Nope. Now be a good girl and run back home, or I'll tell Mum on you." Ned added, mirroring Candy's posture perfectly by crossing his own pair of arms.

"You won't if I let you play on my iPad!" The younger girl established a compromise, but Charlie shook her head no, and Ned followed suit with an obvious reluctance. Robert had only purchased one iPad for the family of five to share, but somehow, Candy had called dibs before anyone could lay their hands on it, and she always managed to conceal it from Ned's technology-addicted eyes.

"You guys are so mean!" Addison stated the obvious, before continuing, "Sorry Candy, but as much as I would've liked, we can't zip you up in a suitcase and smuggle you in." She giggled at her unrealistic response, as Addison suggested, "How about you give us something of yours that Ed Sheeran can sign his autograph on? We'll give it back, promise!"

She gazed into the distance as if contemplating on whether Addison was trustworthy enough before nodding her head slowly, "Give it back tomorrow." She unbuckled her handbag to reveal her iPad, and I honestly thought for a second that she was giving us the device she so dearly treasured, granting full access for Ned to play on. But she strategically unpeeled the silicone Frozen case from the iPad and handed it to Addison with some scepticism.

"Diana's probably waiting - it's starting to grow dark anyway." I bid farewell to the youngest Morgans' member, before she beamed and scampered off and around the corner.

"Okay, enough procrastinating. We're going to be late, and I'm going to be kicked out of the backstage crew." Charlie informed us on her soliloquy, before Addison called shotgun, leaving Ned and I with no other option but to squeeze into the cramped grungy back-seat that seemed to be overloaded with supposed makeup essentials.

The volume of the radio was turned up a notch, as the two elder best friends bobbed their heads to the beat while Ned and I created obnoxious-sounding noises with our mouths and palms that was labelled as 'rapping.' I honestly didn't possess a natural singing talent like Connor, or a musical talent like Marcus, but it felt indescribably good to finally express myself without the fear of holding back.

"Shall we catch the train and be fifteen minutes early, or continue driving through the free-way and be fifteen minutes later than I expected?" Charlie shouted over the deafening music, as the boy beside me and I exchanged a similar blank look, before jointly questioning, "What?"

She released an arm off the steering wheel to decrease the volume. A chorus of complaints and moans followed shortly after the unessential action, before Charlie repeated, a hint of discontent in her suggestion, "I said, should we catch a train or continue on the free-way? We're going to miss the station if you guys don't make up your mind, and there's no turning back."

"Are you actually being serious?" Ned spat, before elaborating with absurd hand gestures, "You expect us to wheel the luggage up the ramp, onto a platform, and onto a carriage? Do you have an understanding of how heavy your three bags are? You're going for a week, and you decide to bring everything but the kitchen sink!"