The next day

Ellie had finished packing all of her things.

After getting to the door, she saw Alice Colt.

"Here's the list of how to take care of Church II the right way." Ellie added.

"Thanks." Alice replied.

Ellie then set off to pick up Drew Gilbert.

After arriving at his house, Drew got in the front seat of Ellie's black 1973 Ford Galaxie 500, then they set off on their journey to Boulder, but they ended up stopping at the Silver Creek Lodge, where they decided to spend some time.

Jeff Matthews was also there, and after Drew hugged Ellie, he went to talk to his friend.

"Hi Drew. It's been a while." Jeff said, excitedly.

"It sure has." Drew replied.

"I also heard that you have a girlfriend. Can I meet her?" Jeff asked.

Drew then nodded yes, and then, he and Jeff went into Ellie's hotel room.

"Jeff, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Ellie Creed." Drew added.

Jeff Matthews was left shocked. His friend was dating the girl he thought went insane.

"Drew, how come you're dating Ellie?" Jeff asked.

"Well, I knew that she did not go insane, that's why." Drew said.

Jeff, now understanding, offers to shake Ellie's hand, and she accepted.

Now that they were completely relaxed, Ellie and Drew drove off down the road, and they passed by the house where Annie Wilkes used to live.

Ellie then stopped her car.

Drew was confused as to why Ellie stopped the car.

"Do you happen to know whoever currently lives here?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. But the car is running low on gas." Ellie replied. 

The two then continued down the road, all the while Ellie played Hound Dog by Elvis Presley on the car radio.

Drew then started grooving to the song as he and Ellie went to the gas station.