Chapter - 1

Author's POV

"You ready? " Shanzay asked Laila on the phone.

"Hmm, yep, and you? " She said, while eating an apple and arranging her books and notepad in her red purse like bag. It was 8:30 in the morning and both girls were getting ready for their college. Shanzay lives nearby so it was easy for them to go with each other as shanzay knows to drive a car.

Adorning a beautiful baby - pink color suit with a dash of small silver jhumki, she gazed on her flawless ready-to-go look and smiled. Climbing down the white stairs of her house, she meekly greeted her father who was sitting on a sofa wearing a grey pathani suit and Golden framed glasses, having a newspaper in his hands.

"Assalamualaikum baba" She said.

" Walaikum assalam mera bachha"
( greetings my child )
He said and placed his palm on her head lovingly.

Laila's pov

"Lailaaa, come and eat your breakfast " Mamma shouted from the kitchen for me to come.

"Beta, first eat then go out for college" Baba said and I just nodded and went towards the dining table which was near our kitchen.

Mumma placed a plate full of breakfast and my lovely coffee in front of me. I gave a smile to my mum and started devouring it. I was busy eating when my mum sat on a nearby chair with me with her cup of tea.

"At what time will you come today? " She asked me looking towards her tea and took a sip from it.

"Around 3 pm.... Why? " I replied while eating

"Hmmm....... Don't come at that time. Come after 4 pm. " Without looking towards me she said the most obvious thing because I already knew what was gonna happen today.

"Ok" Just a simple reply, because I was used to this line.

*honk honk honk*

"Mumma, shanzay is here, I'm going ok, Allah Hafiz" I stood up and started walking at a fast pace towards the door.

"Tell shanzay to drive slowly, Allah hafiz." Regular dialogue of baba.

"Ok baba" With all the greetings, I came outside and sat with shanzay

"Your baba said drive slowly, right? " Shanzay said while turning the engine on and accelerated it. I laughed a little and nodded yes.

The college was more like a happy place to me. It was similar to the ones seen in movies. Me and shanzay took our lectures as we are in the same stream and after completing the classes around 2:30 pm, we sat in the garden of campus under a tree shade with a bag of popcorn.

"Madam, it's time for home." Shanzay glanced at her watch and was about to stand when I held her wrist and made her sit again.

"Not now, mum said not to come early today, she will call me, only then we will leave for home" I casually said and shanzay looked frustrated.

"Again??...... " She asked me and I stuffed my mouth with a handful of popcorn while nodding.

"But why does she do this? " She's confused but there is nothing to be confused about.

"Shanzay yaar, you know na, today guests are coming for the wedding proposal of Humna Aapi, whenever we both sit in front of guests, almost every time they choose me over her. Mum doesn't want to take risks so she explained to me before that whenever I told you to come home late, it's because there's a family coming over.