Chapter - 2

Author's POV

Light emerging from a beautiful chandelier was enlightening the whole party hall of 'Malik Empire', which is the company of Hishaam Malik. Tonight was a big night for them as this prestigious company will be given to his son, Shahmeer. All the employees were present in their best attire but worst moods. Fake smiles were plastered on their faces.

It doesn't matter to them who the boss is, they have to work under both of them. But the problem here is, Hishaam Malik was a gentleman who co operates with them, basically lenient with them, but Shahmeer was a rude man, who doesn't care about them, he just wants his work to be perfectly perfect. Any negligence would be intolerable for him.

When Mr. Hishaam was giving a speech about how he started this Empire from zero till here, and how he worked day and night to reach on the top, some people were clapping and some were bitching at the back.

"You know, once he will take over the company, we will be finished" One employee said to his partner tilting his head a little towards him looking in front and clapping.

"I don't think so, you're just exaggerating" His partner snorted on him sitting calmly.

"Sure sure, let him come in office tomorrow and from then you can't enter the premises late or leave early, or take 1 hour tea break 2 to 3 times a day or talk to your girlfriend while working on your laptop, and many more " He said while adjusting his suit and sit back properly looking towards his partner who's face's color were draining in realization.

Meanwhile Mr. Malik was proudly speaking on the stage.
"As a father, I know this day would come but time passes so quickly, yesterday, I was teaching him how to walk and now I'm giving this empire to him. Now I would like to call my son on the stage"

Shahmeer stood up from his seat adjusting his Armani suit, lightly adjusting his styled gelled backwards hair, and with a small but beautiful smile he finally stepped on stage and stood next to his father. His father then hugged him and passed the Mike towards him. He gladly took it and stood tall in front of his team.

Good evening gentlemen, today's a big day for us and I'm genuinely looking forward to work together and take this company to new heights.
Thank you

He then give his mike to his PA, and the hall filled with applause.

"Just this much speech, it can't be considered as a speech" Another employee snorted.

"It was more like giving command to us. See I told ya" He side-eyed him and clapped.

"Is he even capable of taking over this company?? " Some employees asked.

"More than anyone. He studied in America and was a topper there. He must be capable enough"

Nearby people nodded their heads in realization.

.
.
.
.
.
.

( Shahmeer's pov)

"Shimmu, I want a party now" An over excited Zain sitting on MY seat, keeping his hands at the back of his head and legs on the table, in my office while I was on my phone standing near my table slightly tilting towards it or more like placing my hips on it while standing.