20. coward

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜
chapter twenty: coward

[a/n]: i'm literally adding wayy too many playlists: one in the act II section and one now...i've gotta stop, but i love making playlists for random things so much.
━━━

( 🥥🐚🌺 )

★ ˗ˏˋ꒰ 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓 . . .

001. fergalicious , fergie
002. glamorous , fergie
003. london bridge , fergie
004. the way i are , timbaland & keri hilson & d.o.e.
005. promiscuous , nelly furtado
006. say it right , nelly furtado
007. genie in a bottle , christina aguilera
008. ...baby one more time , britney spears
009. circus , britney spears
010. if u seek amy , britney spears
011. give it to me , timbaland & nelly furtado & justin timberlake
012. gimme more , britney spears
013. long way 2 go , cassie
014. goodies , ciara
015. our song , taylor swift
016. fearless , taylor swift
017. seventeen , marina
018. love story , taylor swift
019. the way i loved you , taylor swift
020. mine , taylor swift
021. oh no! , marina

𓆉°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・━━━ THE PARTY VENUE IS FILLED WITH high school students (along with the occasional guest middle schooler) from all over Plainview, milling about, dipping their strawberries into the glossy chocolate fountain, bobbing their chins to the faint music playing in the background.

Pink and purple strobe lights gently caress the room, adding to its lively atmosphere. A large photo of Heather sits pristinely above the gift table. Fairy lights are interwoven with various pieces of furniture and decor.

Heather strolls around, supervising the event with a calculated eye, making sure everything is in the correct place and order (not even an inch too much to the left or right). Lisbeth tails her like a dog, patting her shoulder to calm her nerves, fixing the neckline of her dress like a loyal assistant.

"Heather, it's going to be fine. You worked hard on this party, everyone sees that. For God's sake, you even have an ice sculpture of your face. This is going to go well, I promise you," Lisbeth soothes her. "You have nothing to be worried about."

Heather continues walking, pulling at the tulle layering on her dress nervously before Lisbeth stops her and puts her hands on either side of Heather's face.

"I know it's going to go fine, Liz," Heather sighs, dipping her head down and leaning it on Lisbeth's shoulder. "Except for that band. I'm just not sure about it. I mean, I got to approve all of the DJ's songs and remixes, but I haven't heard them practice a single time. And it's Rodrick Heffley. From what I've heard, he's not the most reliable of guys. In any respect."

"Hills, I swear to you, if Rodrick messes this up for you, I'll fix it," Lisbeth assures her, grabbing her hand and leading her to the lounge area where the rest of their friends were cozied up.

"Oh, yeah? And how exactly are you going to do that?"

"You'll see. And it depends on how he messes up, doesn't it?"

Suddenly, the lights dim, their color shifting from a vibrant pink to a blue, lime green, and black color scheme. Rodrick saunters onto the stage, accompanied by the rest of his band, and he grips the microphone stand. "This song goes out to a very special little lady," he announces vaguely.