Chapter 3: Spilling My Thoughts

I found myself just gazing out the window as the water trickled down the panes.

"It looks like the rain won't let up for about half an hour," Leo noted after checking the weather app on his phone.

"Oh. I didn't expect it to last that long," I admitted.

"Me either." He softly chuckled as I kept my eyes on my house in the distance. "Would you like to sit on the porch until it lets up?"

"Okay. It is kind of soothing, the sound of the rain." I opened up the front door as he followed me, us soon on the wooden bench swing. It might have felt like a rainy summer morning if it wasn't for the chill in the air. It was nice how it was usually fairly well lit in town, so we weren't sitting in the dark. Of course we did have the porch light on too. I swung my legs, blushing when I realized I was making our seat move too, so I abruptly stopped.

"Do you have to work again tomorrow," Leo wondered.

"Yeah, but I get off a little earlier, so it's not so bad."

"Would you want to show me one of the bars in town tomorrow night?"

"Oh. I need to work on Ned's computer, so probably not." It pained me to say that, since I would rather be painting the town with Leo.

"Oh yeah, I can't believe I almost forgot about that. That's the whole reason you came over here tonight," he noted, almost seeming to be faintly blushing. I figured it was just the cold nipping at his skin though.

"I'm free this Saturday night though. I think I'll get Ned's computer fixed by then."

"Alright, that sounds good. We can just meet up here and then take Ned's car."

"Or we could take my car. It's up to you," I quickly added.

"Alright, let's just take your car. Ned might want to go out for dinner or something while we're gone."

"He wouldn't be coming with us? He might enjoy having some drinks too."

"Nah, he enjoys them at home, but he's not into hanging out in bars. When we were younger he used to kind of like it, but he hates it now."

"It's not my ideal place to be either, but I do want to go with you. I mean... It could be fun," I shrugged, tripping over my words, since I didn't want to ruin our plans together.

"We don't have to stay out too late or anything, and one of us probably shouldn't drink, because they'll need to drive," he realized as I nodded.

"Oh yeah. Well, we could just walk there if you don't mind the cold. It's not like it would take ages to get there that way. It's just faster by car."

"Alright, let's just walk there. Do you want to eat somewhere beforehand?"

"Um, sure, if you want to. What were you thinking of? Like McDonald's, Taco Bell, Wendy's..."

"Would it be alright if we went to Culver's? They don't have that in California, and I've always wanted to try it," he confessed.

"Okay," I slightly laughed. "That sounds like me with In-N-Out Burger. I've always dreamed of going there, but I've never been to California."

"Maybe we could go there together someday," he mentioned, my stomach doing a complete somersault.

"Yeah, that sounds like it would be fun too. I'm glad that you're so nice and chill. I mean... You just never know with celebrities. I was worried you might not be how I picture you."

"How do you picture me," he curiously wondered.

"Um... Well... Kind of like the guy from The Wolf of Wall Street, but as a good person. Please don't be mad at me. I shouldn't have said that. I know you don't like being compared to that character," I sighed softly, already wanting to erase every word that left my mouth.