5

After a few days chan woke up to an incoming call through his phone

Incoming call
Changbin

He groaned, finding it too early in the morning for this, but still answered the call.

"What? I want to sleep," he grumbled.

"Did you check out the video I sent you two days ago?" Changbin's voice came through.

"Yes, Changbin. Minho and I watched it," Chan replied.

"What do you think?"

"Keep interrogating them until we get back. When we see them, we will decide if they should be dealt with or not," Chan instructed.

"Okay, hyung. Goodnight," Changbin responded.

"Yeah, yeah," Chan muttered before hanging up. Now wide awake at 7 am, frustration crept in as he couldn't shake the thoughts of the deep-voiced boy after so many days.

"Jiiiii, I'm so bored. What do we do?" complained Felix.

"Wanna make out?" Jisung suggested, which earned him a thrown shoe from Felix. He dodged it with a grin.

"Leave the past in the past, Ji," Felix retorted.

"Hey, you wanted suggestions," Jisung said, hands up in defense as he shifted to lay down completely on the mattress.

Felix and Jisung had grown accustomed to the room and its atmosphere. When Changbin and Seungmin were out, Jeongin brought all the necessary cleaning supplies and helped the boys scrub the room from top to bottom. It took them quite a while, but they managed to make the place look and smell amazing. Jeongin even brought them a new mattress with fresh bed sheets and a change of clothes. They had grown quite fond of the younger, who would bring them every meal and sneak them off to the bathroom when needed.

Changbin and Seungmin were in the control room, strategizing on how to get the two humans to confess. Meanwhile, they observed the humans and their activities in their spare time.

Jeongin popped his head in, informing his mate and Changbin that breakfast was ready and suggesting they leave the planning for later. They agreed and headed out of the long hallway and basement to have breakfast. However, they forgot to take the keys out of the control room and lock the door behind them.

On the floor, both boys were playing chopsticks with their fingers when Felix suddenly shivered.

"Where's that breeze coming from?" Felix asked, noticing the cracked-open door. With a mischievous smile, he quickly got up and managed to open the door fully.

"Can we leave?" asked Jisung eagerly.

"I think so," replied Felix, excited.

"Quick, put on your clothes. Let's go before they come back," urged Jisung.

They dressed swiftly but heard footsteps approaching the door. They looked over to see Jeongin holding two trays of food.

"How did you open the door? Never mind, let's get you out of here," Jeongin said, placing the trays down and rushing to the control room. He returned with their phones, keys, and wallets.

"Thank you so much," exclaimed Felix with gratitude.

"

Of course, let's go quickly," replied Jeongin.

He led both boys down the hall, reached the bottom of the staircase, and turned to face them.

"Listen carefully, as soon as you go up, take a left, continue straight until you reach the red guitar hung on the wall, then take a right. The back door should be there. Keep heading straight, and you'll reach the human world," Jeongin instructed.

"Left, straight, red guitar, right. Got it," affirmed Jisung.

Jeongin looked at both boys teary-eyed and hugged them tightly.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much," he cried, pulling away.

"We'll miss you way more," replied Felix, embracing Jeongin again.

"Don't do this to me," Jisung joined the hug, playfully scolding them.

Jeongin wiped his eyes, apologizing for being dramatic.

"You're not dramatic. Felix is," Jisung teased, pointing to Felix, who was leaning against the wall, sobbing.

"Calm down, Lix," Jisung said, but Jeongin walked over, hugged Felix, and reassured him, "He's not dramatic; you're just heartless."

After comforting Felix, Jeongin turned serious. "You guys have to go now. I'll keep Changbin and Seungmin distracted while you leave."

"Okay, Felix, let's go," Jisung said, gripping Felix's arm as they ascended the staircase and departed with heavy hearts. They reached the back door, opened it, and stepped outside.

Jisung took a deep breath and smiled widely, reveling in the feeling of freedom as they stood in a small yard with a path leading straight through the forest.

"Oh my god, freedom!" exclaimed Felix in excitement.