Family Reunion

Danny didn't want to believe it at first. But he decided to give it a chance. He had tried looking for Jazz but she seemingly dropped off the planet. His parents, Jack and Maddie, naturally blamed him and thought that he had done something to Jazz. He didn't. She was just...gone.

Clockwork was absent and not even his right as King can summon the oldest Ancient.

So when he felt the summon, a very uncomfortable feeling, mind you, he prepared himself for disappointment. Only for fate to laugh in his face when it was really her. Except...

"Damn, you're old,"

Jazz threw a candy at his face, one that he instinctually just let pass through, "I aged, duh," She then looked at him, "Huh...I thought you took after Maddie but it turned out puberty kicked in Jack's dormant gene after all. I hope you didn't suddenly lose what few brain cells you have in that glowing dome of yours,"

It was her.

It was really her!

He stepped through the Veil fully, becoming fully solid, and hugged her, "Oh, Jazz! Where did you disappear?!"

Jazz returned his hug but he can feel her slight frame shivering from the death chill he carried with him, "It's 1983, Danny,"

Danny pulled back, "What?"

Jazz shrugged, "It's 1983...and you're finally here," She smacked his chest, "Took you long enough, little brother," She then started feeling his torso up, "Huh. You're not so little anymore, huh?"

Danny pulled away from her, his almost forgotten sibling annoyance back online, "Jazz~!"

Jazz laughed, "Oh, you have to excuse me, Danny! I'm old and my husband lose his muscles when he aged!" She looked him up and down, "You've grown up well,"

Danny sighed, "Why...why are you? I mean...when did you?" He grumbled, "You know what? My life is weird...afterlife...whatever this is!" He flapped his arms helplessly before finally noticing the old man and the little boy clinging to his very magical robe. Well, what else was he supposed to call it when there's bats flying around before a sparkly violet background and actual twinkling stars? Magical.

Damn...he wanted something similar but for bed.

Jazz's pinch on his cheek brought him back, "Danny, I know that look. You can ask him where he get his pretty robes later. Right now, I need to give you the down low," Once his glowing eyes returned to her face, she dropped the nuclear, "I'm dying...of cancer. Third time return,"

It took Danny a moment to process that before slumping, "Jazz...I think you have grown into a troll,"

She shook her head, "I'm not joking,"

He stared at her before leaning back. A glowing stylized black and green throne appear behind him as he sat down to process this. He stared at the dark ceiling with a black unlit chandelier before raising his hands and rubbing his face, "Great. I just found you and you're old and apparently on your last leg," He looked at the baby by the old man before cursing, "Cheese crackers, Jazz. Why are you doing this to me? I thought I finally have my...family back. Even if it is just you," He looked at her, "Why?"

Jazz smiled before looking behind and gestured at the tiny boy. He hesitantly came close, crossing the distance with a dash and clinging to her skirt. He just realized that Jazz was dressed like a witch, complete with a pointy hat. She was really dressing for the occasion, huh?

Jazz pulled the boy forward, "Danny...this is Harry. My grandson," She looked at him, "My biological grandson," She looked at Harry, "Harry, say 'hi' to Uncle Danny?"