Crown of Heroes

Luna Lovegood woke to the sound of Dan chasing Spooky somewhere in Uncle Danny's office. It have been almost a year since she started living with the Khaos and the lived up to their name. Well, at least the boys did. She and Mother Elsa would spent most of their days studying. Mother Elsa loved her history, both the magical side and the mundane side. Luna also loved watching National Geography on the telly with Mother Elsa.

It was such a pity that such technology could not function around magic. Just imagine the sort of wonders that they could just share with the rest of the magical world?!

That was why she listened whenever Harry and Uncle Danny talked about their family project; Ether Line. She won't understand until she finished reading the texts on Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. Until then, she won't be able to help much. She really wanted to see a world where wizards and witches can run their own shows like the mundane world.

Yes. She adopted their way of calling the non-magical people.

Waking up fully, she started her day with her ablution ritual. She then stared at the shoes by the door. They were just indoor slippers. However, she couldn't bring herself to wear them. Each time she thought of wearing them, she will see the only thing left of her Mum. In the end, she put on her magic plums earring and got about her day. She was given the room besides Harry, with decorations that made her feel at home.

Luna loved flowers and nature and it showed in her room. She loved her room. There were so many plants inside and the temperature was the perfect climate for the flowering plants to bloom. Soft yellow was the main color of her bedroom, unlike Harry who liked the stars and the planets and games. Although he also owned a flying broom, he preferred to fly on his own.

Living with the Khaos opened Luna's eyes to more of the world around her. She have always known about the fey but she also knew that they hid themselves because humans were icky. But she would never expect to see them visit Mother Elsa now and then. They also blessed her eyes, allowing her to see the wrackspurt and the nargles without the special goggles that her Mum invented but was lost in...on that day. Because of them, she thought about wearing corks. Mother Elsa have them carved and made them fashionable for her.

Mother Elsa taught her, "Beauty is important, no matter how shallow it seems. After all, your appearance is your first impression and first impression is very important. Take good care of it, my dear,"

So Luna did her best to have a clean appearance like Mother Elsa. But she wasn't all like Mother Elsa. She loved her hair and Mother Elsa taught her how to take great care of them. She wore them down to her knees, loving how they flutter against her shoulders. Sometimes, she fancied them for a cape down her back. Mother Elsa often told her how she reminded her of a cousin who grew long hair for their magical properties. Luna wondered if her hair can have similar properties.

Those shampoos that Mother Elsa shared with her was really good.

Luna stepped out of her bedroom, with their large window and hanging plants and soft yellows, to see Harry running around. He excitedly grabbed her upon seeing her, "Today is the day!"

Luna recalled what was so important and she grinned, "Today is the day,"

She remembered those painful weeks of being unable to say anything and how patient Harry and his family had been. She remembered slowly opening up and forcing her voice to come out. Mother Elsa was patient as she helped her overcome her grief. She was sad because not only did she lose her Mum, Papa also disappeared. He sent her his work every months, though, so she supposed he still loved her. But she cannot help feeling abandoned when he begged Uncle Danny to take her in.