nine

Me and Sophie sat on the table outside of the store after I got us two popsicles to snack when nobody was in the grocery.

"That witch." Sophie called, making me look at her as she talk. "She dropped the desserts only to see you cleaning them."

I nodded as I pursed my lips. "Yes. She's a great person, that Amy." I called sarcastically.

Sophie smiled at my comment with a small nod. "Do you want to keep talking about Amy or we can talk about it already?" She called again with a smirk.

"About what?" I said, acting stupid as if I don't know what she's talking about.

"'About what?' About nothing." She mocked me, making me smile down at my hands when the same feeling came back to me from remembering that. "I must have imagined that crazy kiss."

I nodded with a small smirk for the pride of my actions of that moment. "It was either that or run away in humiliation." I explained.

"I almost died when I saw that." She said impressively as she chuckled.

I laughed. "Yeah, huh?" I called with a smile. "You didn't disappoint either." I called to her with a grin, seeing her laughing from the thought of it again.

She shook her head proudly. "You don't even know." She called. "That Edith flopped in the water like a dead fish."

I laughed at her portrayal of the situation as I shook my head. "I can't believe you did that."

"Get me out! Get me out!" Sophie called as she mocked Edith when she pushed her, making me laugh even harder.

I shook my head with a smile as I sighed. "It's nice that were laughing, because we definitely don't have a job anymore." I said, seeing her nodding her head slowly.

"We'll worry about that tomorrow." She called. "In the meantime, let me enjoy a little more of the fact that we totally messed up their whole fancy party."

I laughed once again. "Yeah," I began to call. "That whole horrible party was totally worth it just for the look of Amy when she saw me kissing him." I said and chuckled.

"You two enjoyed it, it seems." She said back, making me shook my head with denial.

"Don't over do it, I only did it to pay her back." I said, seeing the eye roll she gave me.

"Why are you still acting as if you're not interested in him?" She said with a smirk, making me sigh when I knew it couldn't happen.

"What does it matter even if I am interested? That Suzi wouldn't let that happen anyway." I said, begining to stand up when I was done eating, seeing that Sophie stood up as well as she threw the wrapping to the garbage.

I was about to begin to walk when I suddenly saw Niall and Emma heading to our direction.

"Why do you look like the little mermaid?" Emma asked with a confused look towards me, making me chuckle at her comment.

"It's a long story." I said, looking at Sophie who smiled as well. "Do you want to come to mine?" I said to the three of them, already wanting to get to my house. "You wouldn't believe what happened to me and Sophie today." I said again with a smile towards Sophie, who smiled back at me as she nodded her head, making them even more interested.

"Sure, Let's go." Niall called, making us walk with him to my house who wasn't at all far from our store.

After a minute of walking to there I opened the door, letting them all get inside with me as well, seeing that my dad and my siblings were in the living room.