ten

I sat on the couch, biting my bottom lip when I thought over and over again of what should I say to Harry when he comes.

I looked at the front door when three knocks were heard, already feeling my heart beating fast inside my body when I walked to the door, opening it as I see him standing there in front of me with his usual frown.

I opened the door wide to let him in, not saying a word as I walk to my room, knowing he will understand to follow me.

I stopped in front of my desk when I saw the three sketches are placed on the table, turning my body when I heard him closing the door behind him.

I folded my arms, taking a small step back when he walked to my direction, not wanting us to stand too close to each other in this enough small room.

"So," He began to call. "Are we going to talk about it?" He asked with his small frown and a soft look.

I shook my head lightly from him bringing up the subject when I remembered again at Suzi Scheinfeld, letting me know I can't do anything about it besides pushing him away. "Listen," I began to say, looking down at my shoes. "I don't want us to be anything more than we need to be. We work together, and it's not professional." I said as I looked to him, seeing the small confused frown he gave me along with the little smile on his face.

"It's not professional?" He called back, looking right in my eyes, making me look down yet again, couldn't make any eye contact with him at the moment. "I don't quite understand."

I shook my head slowly, closing my eyes for a second before I looked up to him again, staring at his green eyes. "I'm just..." I called quietly. "It's not going to work."

"Wasn't it you who kissed me in front of everybody yesterday?" He asked again with the same confusion as he stepped closer.

"It was a mistake. I'm sorry." I said, almost whispering as I turned my head to the side, can't bring myself to look at him as I talk.

"A mistake?" He called surprisingly with a soft look. "Daniella, you are nothing like I knew before, you interest me, and I enjoy being around you, I really do." He said, still staring at me as if he was trying to catch my look with his eyes. "I felt very well what happened there between us. It's not a mistake."

"Nothing happened between us." I said back harshly, trying as hard as I can to be as cold as I can be towards him.

He furrowed his eyebrows, giving me a long stare before he shook his head. "You know what? I don't believe you." He called and stepped closer to me, making me finally look up at him again.

I putted my hands down on the side on my body as I quickly moved backwards away from him before he grabbed one of my hands, making me stop in my place as I look in his eyes from his sudden touch.

"It doesn't make any sense, Daniella..." He said again, bending down a bit to my height to have a better look on my face.

"It's not going to happen." I called again, moving my hand away from his hold, bringing it back to the side of my body.

He furrowed his eyes as he looked at me, standing straighter when I moved his hand from my wrist. He stayed quiet in his place, not taking his green eyes off me. I could notice the small puzzled look in his eyes, even more baffled than before as he kept staring at me with his furrowed brows.

I could already feel the tears doing their way to my eyes as we stood in front of each other quietly like that. It's not just because of Harry, and the fact that I'm not allowed to be with him, but also the debt we have, and the fact that my dad can go to jail and leave us alone at any moment... It's the fact that I still have to stay strong for everyone else around me, It's all the pressure that comes with it. And this conversation, with him in front of me, is making it even harder for me to suck it up.