Chapter 17: Ginger Trophy

this chapter sucks just power through it fam </3

"What are you gonna do with it?" I ask, tying up my long hair into a messy bun

"You should hang it on the wall, like a trophy." Jack suggests, leaning against the door.

Quinn laughs, sitting down on the edge of her bed.

Mak holds it up again. "Maybe I'll frame it."

I glance at the long ginger ponytail she's holding, laughing again at the memory of her chopping it off that horrid girl.

"You two should have seen her face, it was priceless," Mak says toward the boys, setting the hair down on our dresser.

Quinn opens her mouth to say something but a very loud door slam echos through the apartment.

Jack quickly reaches to the side, double-checking that the door is locked before, sliding down to the floor and leaning his head against it.

We all stay quiet, listening to Robby's rant. "Rich fucking guy needs to stay the hell out of my business. Next time I see that boy he ain't leaving my sight till he's on the ground bleeding out of that fucking blabbermouth."

Loud footsteps approach our door, making all of us tense.

Robby starts to bang and kick on that door. "You better open this door you little shits! I know you have something to do with this."

Jack places his head in his hands, breathing heavily. "We should open it." He says quietly over Robby's yelling. "If we don't who knows how mad he'll be next time we see him."

We all glance at each other unsure, but Jack is already getting up and placing his hand on the lock.

Ares is next to me, lying on his back, dead asleep and unaware of anything that's happening. Which is odd for him, he's always been a light sleeper.

As soon as the lock clicks the door flies open, hitting Jack in the face and sending him to the floor.

Robby bends down, shoving his face into the ground harshly. "I didn't do anything!" Jack screams, his cheek smushed to the hardwood.

"Bull shit. You two are partners in crime." Robby gets up, sending a harsh kick to Jack's gut before slamming the door shut.

Jack curls up, not making any noise.

Quinn runs over, brushing her skinny hand over the lock and crouching down next to him.

The room is quiet for a moment, the only thing filling it is Jack's labored breathing.

"I'm fine." He slaps on a smile and gets up, dusting off the imaginary dirt on his pants.

I glance over at Ares who still hasn't woken up. "Jack." I sigh.