Chapter 1

Lana was not thrilled when she had to switch schools. No one would be!

The worst part, the cherry on top, was that she also had to move. To Bangkok, Thailand of all places.

To be fair, she didn't know anyone back in America anyway, it wasn't the biggest loss. But that didn't mean she wanted to leave! It was her childhood home, and she is gonna miss her old room.

Her mother kept trying to show her the good side of things, "Lana, c'mon. You might find some friends here! Meet some new people! I want you to experience being a teen while you're still- well- a teen!"

Her whole family moved here because her older sister, Luna, had gotten a scholarship to a college around here, and they wanted to stay close together, so here they were. In a new country.

She wasn't that pissed, in all honesty. She didn't care for too much back home- she's mostly mad just in spite at this point.

Lana's mother continued making breakfast, she groaned and walked back to her new room. It was warm, the lingering summer air seeping through her window. The sun shines through, painting her room in light.

She grabs some clothes from drawers and walks to her bathroom, boxes littering her floor.

The door shuts and she slips off her shirt, pulling the new one on. It's white with some brand logo on it, and she puts on her jeans. Lana grabs her hairbrush and pulls it through her hair, straightening out the bed head and fluffing it unintentionally.

The familiarity of her morning routine was calming, and so was the rhythm of her toothbrush against her teeth.

Lana walks back out and grabs her phone, twisting around her wall and going down her stairs once more to the living area.

She slips her phone into her pocket and sits at the breakfast bar, sipping a glass of water resting at her seat.

"Do you want some eggs and toast hun?" Her mother said, turning her head to her and smiling.

"I'll just have a piece of toast, i'm not too hungry- nerves and stuff."

"That's alright, do you want jelly on it?"

Lana nodded her head and went on her phone, scrolling through twitter but not actually reading any of the tweets.

It doesn't take long for a plate to be slid over to her, and she starts to scarf it down as she looks at the time and realizes that if she does not speed up, she will be late.

She doesn't want to be late on her first day. That would be a pathetic first impression.

She quickly shoves her seat away from the counter and walks over to the door, slipping on a pair of shoes and a green button up as a lightweight jacket of sorts. With her backpack thrown over her shoulder and her house keys in her pocket, she waves her mother goodbye and rushes out the door.

There's barely any time for breakfast in the mornings- she's lucky she isn't Luna, she has to get up 30 minutes before her.

Lana opened her car door and started driving over to the school, where she'd have to figure everything out again.

She's lucky she'd gotten her Thai license a few days before schools started, if she didn't she'd have to walk.

She put music on her phone while she drove to her daily jail, trying to calm some of her ever growing nerves.

It was intimidating, she didn't know anyone or anything here. She had no clue what the teachers were like- and if they'd care if she doodled on her work.

It didn't take long for her to pull into a parking spot outside of the building.

And fuck did Lana hate this.