Chapter 4

Lana hated the fact that she had fun on Monday with Maren. So, true to her word, she does not take the ten dollars her mother left her on the counter.

Well, technically, she does. She just puts it right back into the drawer where her mom got it from. She is going to no doubt notice, but there isn't much she can do. She's not a liar!

Okay, she lies sometimes. Only when necessary.

But she would never lie to her mother.

When it was time for dinner, all Lana would see when she looked at her was a small smirk. She wished she did lie, actually. Fuck being honest.

The middle of the week was a blur of various activities. And by Friday, Lana still hated Maren. Yep, she is being very truthful!

Calista begs to differ, though.

She can tell you all the stories from Tuesday through Thursday, how the "rival" duo started to get- close. Lots of teasing and joking hatred.

Key word: joking.

Tuesday, for starters.

"Maren I swear to GOD-"

Maren laughs, as she wraps the blindfold around the shorter's eyes.

Today's wonderful activity was defusing "bombs" while blindfolded.

Once more, everyone was sat in the field with their partners, and Calista and Ember were seated right by the duo. They are lucky in a sense, as Calista tells Ember. They get free entertainment- whats more funny then two people shouting at eachother over stupid shit?

Ember seems to disagree.

Maren finishes tying off the blindfold and guides a reluctant Lana to a clear spot on the green. She opens their bomb kit, and sets it between them. Lana starts stringing together insults that mean nothing to Maren, as she reads out the rules and how they're supposed to do this.

"You know I can't believe I am the one that has to be blindfolded, this is so unfair-"

"Lana, we played rock paper scissors. It was a fair game, and you lost. Suck my dick."

"Oh you would like that wouldn't you bitch."

Maren lets out a laugh and tells Lana what they're supposed to do. All of the work has to be done by the blindfolded participant, and the other has to read out what they have to do. The buttons and wires and everything have textures for the blindfolded to know which is which.

They aren't allowed to help them otherwise, technically.

But after 30 minutes of yelling at each other-

"Lana that's the wrong one- you idiot oh my lord-"

"You gotta be more descriptive! They are too similar, these damn wires,"

"Just move over towards the right more, it says the word blue on it-"

"I can't see, Maren!"

"It's literally textured to the word blue."

"...Oh-"

"Yeah, now cut the wire!"

-They start to give up on solely talking.

Their words dissolved into empty threats and stupid jokes once more. It just happened- they didn't want it to, but it just did. It always did.

"This button feels like a dick."

"How would you know what a dick feels like, Lana?"

"Like a drawing of one- You asshole. I will punch you once I can see again."