Gabriella

Yesterday was a lot of fun, but I have to be more careful. I tried so hard to not show anyone what I was feeling and in just a few seconds I could have messed that up.

These past few days it has started to hit me, I told myself when my parents died that they would come back, but it has almost been a year and I have to stop telling myself these lies. I never really sat down to think about it, or I would break so instead I tell myself things that will get me through, but I do know that they will never come but I push those thoughts aside hoping they will never get the best of me.

Today my only goal was to not think about them but recently it has gotten hard for me.

To take my mind off things I decided I would jog to school instead of getting a ride from Nate.

I got to school and was feeling better, that was until the first bell rang and I had math. I suck at it but at least I had Adam in my class.

"Hey!"

"Hey Gabriella, are you ready to re-teach me what the teacher actually means in English and not gibrish?"

"Sorry Adam but I need someone to help me with that to"

"Don't you tutor Mason?"

"Listen that is grade 5 math"

"You should tell the teacher you only can-do grade 5 math and see what he says"

"Oh my gosh he would kil-" Ms. Hart would you like to tell the class what you are talking about?"

"Well, I mean if I have a choice I would prefer not to, also no need to call me Ms. Hart, Gabriella is good, I'm not an old person" I said with a smirk on my face until I realized I said that to Strictest teacher in the school. I totally forgot I was at school and not fighting with the Cattivo

"That's it to the office now and tell them detention every day this week at lunch and afterschool"

I walked to the office to see Nate standing in there

"Ms. Hart how can I help you?"

"Why does everyone keep calling me that?" I said more to myself hoping no one heard

"I was sent here from math; Mr. Orsono wants me to let you know I have detention every day this week for lunch and afterschool"

I saw Nate's mouth slightly drop not believing I got detention since I was the most well behaved out of the group of us.

"Well, that is a surprise, you have never had detention before. You can go sit in detention right now the lunch bell will ring in 5 minutes, Mr. Williams you can go join her"

I walked inside and Nate sat across from me immediately after I sat down

"What did you say that Mr. Orsono sent you here?"

"I may have argued back without thinking"

"YOU argued with a teacher?"

"Is it really that surprising?"

"YES, you have never argued with a teacher before"

"Oh well, it is over with"

"Anyways do you have any plans tonight; I was thinking you and Mason could come over and we could order in"

"I..um can't tonight I only have detention at lunch and then later on I promised Levi I would go to his place"

That was weird but I didn't push the topic

I was in detention for the full lunch hour, but it wasn't too bad since Nate had found a deck of cards which kept us from being bored

But now I had to stay after school for another 1 hour and a half without Nate. This is going to be terrible