11 - Don't Listen In Secret

•Choi Palace•

Jeonghan and Seungcheol came back to their room. Jeonghan went to occupy himself in some unnecessary work and preparing to sleep while keeping a subtle eye on the older.

Seungcheol sighed as he went into the balcony. He looked up at the moon, "Please don't hurt dad."

"Reduce my lifeline, take all the blessings I've earned, but please save him." Seungcheol looked down, "He's much better than me. I know it's all coming back to me for constantly hurting people around me, specially Jeonghan but that's my fault right? Please don't hold him responsible for it."

Seungcheol clutched his chest as he felt extremely vulnerable. It was when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He didn't need to look back, the soothing aura was itself depicting that it was none other than his husband.

Jeonghan caressed his shoulder and arm, "Seungcheol? Don't worry, everything will be fine."

Seungcheol held the younger's hand which was on his shoulder as he looked down, "How? He's suffering so much."

"I know but he's very strong. He'll come back, all fine." Jeonghan assured, "Plus he has been a great ruler, right? Trust me, you don't have to worry much."

Seungcheol felt his eyes teary as he gradually collapsed on the floor, "I wasn't there for him when he needed me. I've hurt everyone for my blind wish. He kept dealing with these responsibilities alone when I was supposed to share his load."

Jeonghan knelt down beside him. Sure he was very much upset at the older but this wasn't the time to hold grudges, right? Right?!

"Seungcheol, look at me." Jeonghan held his cheek to turn his face, "He was always proud of you. Yes you needed to attain the throne much earlier but what will you achieve by grieving over the past? It's the present that matters. Stop thinking about things you couldn't do in the past, think about what you can do in the present."

Seungcheol gulped the lump in his throat. Has someone ever calmed him like this? And with someone, he meant Hari. Had she ever supported him like this? He couldn't remember.

Was spending time with Jeonghan, going to prove his previous love as one sided? The love which he used to think was too pure, why was he now realising that he had never recieved this kind of care in it?

Why was a person who hated Seungcheol, comforting him better than the person who used to love him? Everything was messing with his brain at this point.

Jeonghan caressed his back, "Calm down, Seungcheol."

Jeonghan knew this fear of losing someone very closely. It was a traumatic experience for him itself so he understood what the older must be going through and it wasn't fine at all.

Seungcheol looked down. The hatred for himself was rising even more. How could he be so selfish? Why was he so much blinded all along? Why was he failing in all of the relationships of his life?

"Seungcheol?" Jeonghan softly stated while grazing his fingers through his hair, "It will be fine, trust me. Don't blame yourself. If you're feeling guilty then better think about the present and future. When dad will wake up, don't repeat your mistakes which you're regretting right now."

Jeonghan stood up as he held the older's shoulders, "Come, you need to sleep now."

"Leave me Jeonghan, I don't deserve to be taken care of." Seungcheol muttered.

"You won't decide what you deserve and what not." Jeonghan patted his back, asking him to stand up, "Stop thinking about everything. Right now, you only need some peace of mind. Come."