1

~Lea~

"Let's end this," I told my almost-boyfriend as soon as my eyes met his. He stared at me with a blank expression, but later on, he smiled.

"Okay..." He whispered as he gazed upon the moon above us. Silence reigned over the two of us.

"M-Mas mabuting itigil na natin 'to hangga't maaga pa, Migs."

"Nothing has started yet here we are, Lei." He replied with a hint of sadness.

It's true. We have been dating for 3 years already and I still can't find a reason to be committed to him. At the beginning, we were fine. We were in love, or so I thought. But everything changed when we got to know each other more. Or maybe, I was the toxic one? He did nothing but show me how good and kind he was and I was just too blind to see it.

"I'm sorry... Sa loob ng 3 years, you get nothing from me and I hate to see you get hurt every single time. We're causing each other more damage than good."

"Love isn't enough, no? Anyway, if that's what you want, I am fine with it. Thank you for the 3 wonderful years, Lei."

"Thank you, too, and I am sorry for the trouble I have caused you. Friends?"

"Friends." We shook each other's hands for the last time before parting our ways.

After so many times of on and off in our so-called relationship, I finally had the guts to end it for real. No more coming back and no more chances this time. Sigh! I am officially single again.

----------------

"Lei? Hello? Lea! Are you still with us?" My friend, Ysabelle, waved her hand continuously in front of me to get my attention. I grabbed her hand and threw it in the water. Yes, my friends and I are currently at the pool, trying to enjoy our short-term vacation.

"I think Lea's having a throwback..." Kristine, my very quiet yet very straightforward friend said. Actually, none of my friends are good with sugarcoating words. Birds of the same feather flock together, indeed.

"Sino ba kasi nagtanong about kay toot toot?" Ysa asked while eyeing the two.

"Si Mica! You know naman how sensitive that topic is e!"

Mica surrendered, even raising both of her arms in mid-air. "I'm sorry, guys! It was not my intention to open a book that's been sealed for 2 years. Chill, we are playing an open forum for a reason!"

"So, mahal mo pa nga ba si Miguel, Leapot?" Mica added.

I laughed at them. "I actually don't know. I am so confused right now!"

"Tanga..." I heard Kristine murmur. I laughed even harder because Kristine rarely talks but when she does, she will make sure that she stabs you in the right area.

"Ouch, ha? I don't know if should be offended or what?"

"The answer should be 'no', Lea. Matic na dapat yon!" Kristine fired back.

"Boom!" Ysa and Mica both reacted at the same time while chuckling.

"Wow? Sabi ng paulit-ulit bumabalik sa ex niya?"

Kristine walked nearer and splashed some water on my face. "Your case and mine are very different kaya? Hindi naman ako ginago nung ex ko samantalang ikaw, paulit-ulit ginagago."

I was stopped by her statement and they all noticed. "Ano yang drama effect na yan, Lei?"

"Nothing! I just realized na I haven't told you the whole story yet. I painted a bad picture of him sa mga utak niyo."