11

~Lea~

A few days later, I brought Luke to his father's clinic for a surprise. It's Miguel's birthday today so I know that there is no better gift than seeing his own son at his own workplace. Our son was very excited and I can't say the same for myself. I am a bit nervous because we haven't talked since the day that we kissed--- make-out rather.

"How many more minutes 'til we see dad, mom?"

"Just a little more patience, sweetie. We're almost there."

I parked our car at the nearest available slot and before I could turn off the engine, Luke already made his way out and entered the clinic. As for me, I retouched my make-up and fixed the hem of my clothing before picking up my bag and locking the car.

As I got nearer to the entrance, my heart raced. 

Why is it half-closed? 

Are we too early? I checked my watch and it says 10:31 am. We're just on the right time and it should be open by now.

I gently opened the door and saw my son standing with so much horror plastered on his face. I walked towards him and saw what a child cannot see, AND should not be seeing. It is very inappropriate and very disgusting.

"Come on, Luke! We got surprised!"

I can feel that he doesn't want to go but he's terrified at the time. I pulled him away from the clinic and drove back to our house.

Luke ran towards his room and slammed his door. I went after him because I know what he's been feeling. He's a child but he's way more mature than his age.

I knocked before entering. My heart crumpled upon hearing his sobs.

"Sweetheart..." I caressed his head but his face remained buried on his pillows.

"I-I don't want to see dad ever again!" He shouted in between his sobs. A tear fell on my cheek. The pain he is feeling is twice, even thrice, on what I am feeling. I cannot see my son in this state.

"I understand and it's alright if you feel that way... Take all the time you need to heal, my love. I will sort things out with dad."

Luke looked at me, "No! You should not see him again. He hurt you, mom!"

"It's okay! Remember, mom is very strong? I am even stronger than your dad." I tried to smile to make him believe. He just nodded and went back to burying his face back.

Moments later, Luke fell asleep. I turned his body because he might be suffocated and there, I saw his red face and his wet eyes. I went out to get a dry tissue and cleaned his face. I tucked him in and let him rest. As I went out of his room, I saw Miguel in the living room.

"Lea!" He called me but I ignored him. I directly went to my bedroom.

I heard my door opened. Tangina, bakit kasi di ko ni-lock?

"Lea, si Luke?"

"He's sleeping so you better keep your voice down," I told him, still not looking at him.

"It's my birthday today—"

I finally faced him and with raised eyebrows, I asked him. "So?"

His brows furrowed, "galit ka ba?"

I scoffed. "Where are you from?"

"F-From the clinic?"

"Who are you with?"

"Who am I with? Why are you asking such nonsense questions?"

I laughed so hard, to the point that my tears were on the verge of falling. He played defense because I hit the right spot.