6

~Lea~

I asked my lab assistant to check Dave's grades and I was surprised that he's currently the top 2 of their class. He has indeed a potential. I decided to talk to him during the following class and Migs was right, he forgave me. Not only we talked about his special quiz and pracs, but we also talked about his mother and their current situation. I decided to support his studies until graduation, and in case he wanted to be a Doctor, I am also more than willing to support him in exchange that no other student will ever find out about this.

1 week has passed since what happened between me and Miguel and I couldn't find a single drop of regret in my body. Also, I noticed that my temper has become more bearable these past few days. Ganito ba ang in-love? Tangina, cringe!

Anyway, on my birthday, I decided to take the risk and be committed to the only man I ever wished to be in my life. He's been consistent ever since and I can feel his sincerity. Hindi na rin namin pinatagal ang status namin as boyfriends and girlfriends because 4 months into relationship, he proposed right away. We know each other for more or less 10 years kaya hindi ko na rin na-consider na mabilis ang mga pangyayari.

And after only 2 months of preparation, we got married. That quick!

It was a very intimate wedding. Close friends and family members were only invited, of course, intimate nga. We both decided not to do it in church because sino naman ang maghahatid sa akin sa altar, right? Baka instead of this day being the happiest day of my life ay maging saddest because I might cry non-stop.

"You've passed every single examination in your life and you even graduated with flying colors yet sa kanya ka bumagsak," Mica told me at the after-party.

"Should I take that as a compliment or something else?"

She was quick enough to correct what she meant. "No! No! No! I was trying to make banats pero ang pangit ng kinalabasan."

I giggled. "I get it, you know!" I tried to assure her that no offense was taken.

She sighed in relief. "I am so happy for you, Lea! Finally!" We both jumped in joy.

"Congratulations, Lea!" Ysa did a beso with me followed by Tin.

"Happiness looks good on you, Lea! We finally get to see your genuine smiles again. If we only knew na si Miguel lang pala ang makakapagpalabas niyan edi sana matagal ka na namin pinush sa kanya." Kristine commented.

"Well, now, you don't have to. Thank you, guys, for coming!"

"Of course, papalampasin ba namin 'to?" Ysa initiated a group hug.

Miguel went closer to us to greet my friends. His hands found my waist the moment he came close to me.

"Hi, girls! Are you enjoying the party so far?"

"Of course! As long as there are alcoholic drinks, who wouldn't enjoy that?" Mica joked and we all laughed.

"Hoy, Miguel! Take care of Lea ha? She's been through enough! If I ever hear na sinaktan mo siya, ipapagiba ko ang bahay niyo!" Ysa threatened him in which Miguel only laughed.

"Speaking of bahay—I wanted to ask you three a favor."

"Ako na ang bahalang mag-draw, si Ysa na sa paggawa at si Tin na sa interior design. Just tell us kung anong bet niyo. We got your backs!"

I smiled at them genuinely. "Y'all are the best!"

"Of course! Kami pa ba?"

"Anyway, we should go greet the other guests. Thank you again for coming and later na lang ulit!"