2

~Lea~

"You were sleeping when you called me last night and are still sleeping until this hour." I heard someone speak. My mind isn't crystal clear every time I wake up, which explains why I can't grasp any of this happening.

I rubbed my eyes and tried so hard to get a picture of who is currently sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Miguel?"

"Rise and shine, Princess! What the hell happened to you?"

I was quick enough to sit up straight and I purposely sat on the other edge of the bed. "Who let you in? No, scratch that! Why are you here?"

He smiled, showing his perfect set of white teeth. Of course, he is a dentist. Bakit naman hindi magiging maganda ang ngipin niya, right? At bakit ko ba iniisip to?"

"Your friends let me in before leaving. I also saw your mother dressed very nicely and it seems like she's off to somewhere."

My palms met my face. This only means that Miguel and I are the only ones here except for our helpers. Damn, my friends!

"Bakit ang aga naman nila umalis?"

"Either my watch is sira or it is already 3:00 pm."

"WHAT??" He laughed at my panicking face.

"By the way, you still sleep like an angel. Ang sarap mong panoorin kapag tulog. Mukha kang mabait."

"W-What?" I heard it pretty clearly but I would like him to reiterate what he just said.

"Nothing!"

"Okay. Migs, can you please wait somewhere else? I will just take a quick bath and prepare for whatever shiznits I will blurt out later."

"Ha?" Confused, he remained still.

"Naaahh! Just go outside! Maliligo lang ako!"

As he closed the door, I quickly jumped out of my bed to lock it. I placed my right hand on my chest to feel the beating of my heart. Tachycardia it is!

I directly went to the dining area and I happened to pass by Miguel in the living room.

"Have you eaten?"

"Lunch, yes! Dinner, not yet." Obviously mocking the time I woke up.

"Ha! Ha! Very funny! Come and eat with me."

We both sat in silence and waited for our food to be set up.

He cleared his throat but I don't bother looking at him. "Uhm, congratulations pala on your second physical therapy rehabilitation clinic."

"Third, actually. One is in Bulacan. Anyway, thanks!" I showed a fake smile and then we went back to being on silent mode. Both of us were just measuring each other's presence until we finished eating.

"Garden?"

"Sure."

He followed me and every action I made. We both sat on the available seats near us.

"So... I heard you were going to Palawan?"

"How did you know?"

"Well, it just happens that we're still mutual on IG. You know?"

He sighed. "Ah, right! Well, it's true. What's the matter?"

"I should just keep this to myself pero napasubo na ko because of my friends." I stopped for a moment and looked him in the eyes. "Miguel, I am bothered."

It took him seconds before answering. He seems very confused and I would be if I were in his position. "About what?"

"About you going there knowing that one of my college friends na gustong-gusto mo is there."