chapter 1

☆ lins pov ☆

" thomas, why do you make us wake up at 4am to get here? " daveed whined.

" becuase, daveed, we need to rehearse and you need to practice your French accent. " thomas responded.

the whole cast, other then me, erupted in laughter. I was more concerned on where groffsauce was. he's never missed a day and, sure, it's only 6:08, but John lives pretty close to the Richard Rodgers theatre, it doesn't make sense.

" hey guys, do you know where groff is? he's never late? " I asked.

" oh, lin, he's fine, don't worry, I think he's walking up the stairs anyway! " pippa said. pippa never fails to make me feel better.

leslie pulls out his phone. what is he going to announce to the world now whilst we make daveed rehearse his French accent?

" it is currently 6 in the morning- "

the door opens and there's a massive thud and my vision goes blurry. I hear the knocking of a phone and I get yanked away by either renèe, anthony or jasmine. I can't tell, but the person had curly hair.

I get my vision back and get back to my surroundings.

" the fuck was th- "

I'm immediately crushed by someone. I look down and see its groff. good, he's here now.

" lin, I'm so sorry, I never wanted to knock you over, I had brought gifts for everyone to celebrate hamilton on broadway for a year and there was too much and it knocked me over.. " he apologises hurriedly.

" woah okay, atleast your okay, go sit down, I need to make sure Vanessa's awake, she has work today. "

I open my phone and see 82 missed calls from Vanessa.

" what the fuck Vanessa? "

" you alright lin? " oak asks.

" Vanessa called me 82 times? "

I text her:

me: hey sweetie, you okay?

my love ❤️ : WHAT IS THIS ON FACEBOOK OF YOU AND THAT STUPID BOY?

my love ❤️ : https://face.book/UAFK0wkAAdak (A/N: this isn't an actual link lmao)

me: oh, groffsauce just walked in but he was carrying too much and fell on me.

my love ❤️ : NO ITS NOT! YOUR CHEATING ON ME YOU GAY (woah okay tw for gay slurs here) FAGGOT

me: well if you had common sense then maybe you would realise that one falls over sometimes due to heaps of weight carried by one.

my love ❤️ : well, whatever. you can take your gay ass down the street to the nearest gay bar with your stupid little boyfriend and live with him instead because I'm moving out. good luck bastard.

    ' my love ❤️ ' has blocked you

" hey, lin, do you have her location? I have a few things in mind.. " chris asks me.

" no chris, we are not going there, I may hate Vanessa but I have good morals. "

" oh, alright. hey, do you want to call Javier and Rory to play your guys roles whilst you figure shit out? " thayne asks me and the crew.

" y-yeah.. sure.. let me get out of costume real quick.. " I stutter.

I tap groff and he gets off my head and sits down on the ground. I walk to the bathrooms and I just think whilst getting out of costume.

when did Vanessa become so homophobic? what made her burst? how did she find leslies live? what will she do with sebastian? I never wanted kids, she's probably just gonna take him, I don't care, atleast the kid will have a nice father and a fun childhood.

I soon find myself staring at the mirror and ready to leave. I walk out and hang up the costume, then walking to baggage and collecting my things where I find groff scrolling on twitter.

" what's up? they going bonkers on twitter because of us? "

" mhm, people are saying that we're adorable and Vanessa's a bitch, and that she should khs, and others are saying that Vanessa's right for taking full custody of sebastian. hey, lin? wanna go? it's almost showtime so we need to get out before people swarm us. " groff tells me. (someone's gonna become john laurens here who's gonna be first?)

" gotta love twitter, eh? also yes, we should leave, it's also raining so it'd be better to get out now instead of later. " I respond.

☆ timeskip to when they leave the building after telling the cast goodbye brought to you by the cracks on my screen protector <3 ☆

me and groff live in the same apartment complex, so we usually walk home together. the weather wasn't kidding, its fucking cold out here, my Puerto Rican ass can't deal with the cold.

" hey, you cold? want my coat? "

" s-sure.. "

I take his coat and my goosebumps dissappear. where the fuck did he get this coat? I need it in my life, how the fuck?

we arrive at the apartment block, I give his coat back, we part our ways and my apartment is very quiet. I walk in and see my place in a bomb site. she really meant it when she said " I'm moving out " . I shut my door and just slump down on the floor and cry.

what the fuck happened? what did I do? what made me lose my son? no matter how much I didn't want a kid, I fucking loved that boy, i was teaching him Spanish and by the time I see him again he'd probably forgotten it.

I get up and begin cleaning my house. I start with my living room/kitchen. I put the hamilton soundtrack on and skip helpless, satisfied, say no to this and burn. I don't think I could do any of those. by the time my house is clean, it's 2pm. the cast would be staying at the Richard Rodgers theatre with Javier and Rory today.

I sit down on my couch and turn my Bluetooth off. I turn on my phone and see 14,537 dms and 27,124 retweets.

" fucking hell.. "

I hate being famous. it sounds selfish, but I hate being known by millions across the world.

I silence twitter and facebook, and open groff's contact.

groffsauce 💙

call                message           block

" I could probably do with a friend right now.. "

I press call and wait 2 seconds before i get an answer.

" hey lin, you okay? "

" yeah, could you come over? "

" of course, I'll be there in a minute. "

the call ends and I throw my head over the couch.

my door opens and I smile.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

okay hello!! new book now :) I'm so proud of this, probably becuase it's over 1000 words lmao :)

I won't wast your time on this a/n, but I hope everyone likes this!

word count: 1112 words :)