33- Comfort

I promised Octavia that I would come to at least one of her matches in Wimbledon but having to be here with Charles makes the entire experience strangled.

I got fourth in Austria, with Charles in 5th. We both would've been on the podium if it weren't for his reckless driving.

He argued with the team attempting to make them allow him to pass me when I was in 2nd, but when they denied, he fought me for my position, ruining our tires in the process.

The british grand prix wasn't much better, with Charles in third and me and fourth.

We've hardly spoken, only interacting when placed on display for the world.

Everything feels so artificial that it's draining me. I can't keep pretending like this is okay.

To the world, we're a happy couple, a united team.

To my team principle, we're a solution to keeping sponsors.

To him, i'm the girl preventing him from living his life.

And to me, Charles is a constant reminder to the memories of what was.

I have to relive the pain I went through to move on without closure every time he so much as looks at me.

Four Years Ago

I can't help the fact that I love physical touch. And today is no different.

Charles and I are in lake como, he races in Monza next week but we decided to make a stop before then.

We're stood on the balcony of our hotel room, looking out at the lake infront of us

I pull him into my arms, resting my head in his chest, listening to the birds as they wake up

He places a soft kiss against my forehead, tightening his hold on me for a few seconds

"Are you hungry?" he mutters into my hair

"Oo let's go to that restaurant we found last night"

"Sounds perfect, i'm gonna go get dressed" I nod as he walks back inside

I turn around, looking into the room as he pulls off his shirt, his back muscles on full display

How'd I get so lucky?

-

"What are you getting?"

"Waffles" I look up at him, one of my eyebrows raised

"You've got a race soon"

"My trainer doesn't have to know" he laughs with a wink

"Well I want some then"

"How about you order us a salad, then we can have both and it cancels each other out"

"Then it's like we ate nothing"

"Exactly"

He nods in agreement to which we both laugh